Cheyne

SoundPunk Is For Sale

7 posts in this topic

It hurts me to say, but i'm putting SoundPunk up for sale.  I no longer have the time to manage or build the social activity around the forums and so i'm going to put it up for sale and pass on the torch to someone who can.  Traffic has been slowly declining over the years and we are running at about 1/4 of the activity we used to. 

We've been running this place since 2007 and it's been a fun ride.  The remix competitions, the banter, the flame wars with ITM. Most of the original crew are busy nowadays and don't have much time for forums, so hopefully someone new can come along and revive the place with some new energy and content.  

Big shout out to Jester_Fu, Spectrum, rhythmboy, Captain Terrific and the rest of the original crew who made this place awesome back in the day.

The listing for the auction is here: https://flippa.com/5171826-audio-engineering-community-with-8-478-users-and-over-32-000-total-posts

Of course you can message me privately if you would prefer to discuss directly or have any questions.

There is a reserve set and I have to approve the final sale, so  I won't be giving away 8 years work for nothing and there's every chance it won't sell anyway. 

I'll keep you guys updated on the progress. 

Cheers guys

Well, it's still surviving better than ITM at present. Good luck with the sale - it was a great thing when it started and some new blood into the mix might be just what's needed.

Yeah, amazing ride. And it does pain me to say I too simply can't stay hands-on across everything I would love to. Only so many hours in the day. Best wishes for the sale.

Oh my some fun times...

The pictorial essays of sojourns to Melbourne and Sydney... priceless

The Lychee Martini remix comps - so much friggin awesome music produced by SP members... thank you to all!

The ITM wars... so much fun poking the hornets nest

And at least two babies announced through these very pages... thus starting the demise of much posting  :(

And some real, real-life friendships and fun times created, this site made the interwebs personal.

Good luck with the sale Cheyne, whilst I can't be on here very often I'm not going away, just taking the opportunity to reminisce on the days when forums were king before tweets took over and made our collective attention spans diminish ever further.

Thanks guys. 

Yea, those days were great. When you could spend hours a day on forums talking away.   If only I had that much time to spare nowadays :)

Ahh yes, the remix comps.  They were great,  the days before SoundCloud when you had to upload files and manually embed MP3 players on the website.  Haha.  

Thanks Royven :)  She's in your hands now.

An FYI for anyone else reading this, i'm handing over the reigns of the site to Royven.  He's a musician himself, want's to revive the site and continue to build the community so make him welcome :)