Amz-Star

Help!!

4 posts in this topic

Hey All!

Long time no speak!  I have a problem and I can not figure out how to solve it and was hoping that the fantastic minds here would be able to assist.....

I have Pro Tools 9 and it was licenced to an ilok which I do not have.  I bought a new ilok today and I can not put the new Pro Tools upgrade to 11 on it as it needs Pro Tools 9 licence to approve it.  It is doing my head in and I do not know how to fix it.  I have emailed an email I founf on the AVID site but I am not holding out any hope as they only say America in the support area, not Australia......

If anyone can help please let me know... I am ready to pull my hair out!!

Thanks in advance!

I recon you'll have to pursue PT support. It sounds like they'll either need to re-issue your license or provide you one that works without needing the upgrade path. The only way they'll do that is after confirming you're a legit owner. 

You could also try other people to see if they've got a license hanging around they're not using... but it's pretty unlikely.

Yeah Amz-Star, do you have an account login for Avid (was Digidesign)?

https://www.avid.com/US/

With any luck, all your product registrations are saved there in one place.

Not sure what happens re lost iLoks though.

Whereas they might store serial# for previous software on their account for you on their site, but lose the iLok, I think one has pretty much lost the software as the serial can't exist on more than one iLok at any one time.

If I lose that silly little dongle, I'd may as well give up music I reckon. Having said that, I do have insurance for music and computer gear transported outside my house, but I reckon it'd still be a right royal pain to claim such a loss.

What's the difference in price between the upgrade and the full version? Wait you've paid for the upgrade. I reckon they might just be good enough to allow you to pay the difference.

You can contact their local office here:

Australia

Northpoint Tower
100 Miller Street
North Sydney 2060
Tel: +61 2 9931 6841
Support: +61 2 9420 3066

Good luck, keen to hear how you get on.