Spectrum

Merry Christmas all... so what's under your tree this year?

9 posts in this topic

Hey Punks,

Merry Christmas all... so what's under your tree this year?

Has someone listened to your wish list?

Have you shouted yourself something special this year?

What new musical goodies are you eager to get into come MIDNIGHT tonight?

Hey Spectrum and a merry Christmas to you and all the punks :)

Thanks to the wizardry of my accountant, this year I managed to clear up a bunch of tax related stuff that ended up with RB taking about $10K out of the federal budget :D

The priority now is to get bungalow space at home converted into studio/study/man-cave so my current study can become my daughter's bedroom. Will be hiring a chippy to come and install some double-glazed windows we scored cheap on ebay from a demolition. Have already insulated the walls and roof, installed new electrical wiring and put in a new ceiling. Once the windows are in then put down some new carpet, paint and I'll be ready to move in.!

We don't have a tree. Normally i do something to break it, but this year we agreed the dingo would drag it through the house into the yard before i could do my usual scrooge routine. Bit sad - there's nothing i like more than a good christmas tree smashing. Still, sitting in the kitchen listening to some tunes and staring at a wall of green thanks to the Robinia's finally reaching full maturity... could swear we didn't have any neighbours... just tree's!

As for gifts... I get 2 weeks off work while the other suckers there have to work through - all of them! I bought myself a data logger serial interface for my weather station and setup a VM to program the Rabbit controller interface to get it on line... and the wife bought me a bottle of single malt to help the exercise. Oh, and something about a 650 acre forest, though technically it won't be ours until March i suspect.

Merry Christmas guys, hope you all had a great day :)

Didn't really get any presents, just got to see my family and friends for the first time in a while. 

Oh, and something about a 650 acre forest, though technically it won't be ours until March i suspect

??? Acquiring some land?

Woot my family know what my priorities are at the mo - Bunnings vouchers for Christmas hooray! Makita mitre saw is on the wish list ;)

Yes, a wee patch of land.

You watch those fingers with the mitre saw. We don't want the saying to be "the drummer from Lychee Martini only has one hand!". Though it makes a catchy chorus...