Jester_Fu

Spammers and Spam

6 posts in this topic

If you think a post is Spam or inappropriate, please use the REPORT button in the lower left hand corner of the offending post. This automatically sends an email to the Moderators who will then remove the spammer or modify the post, if appropriate.

Try to avoid replying if it's spam. I've done it before thinking it was funny... but unfortunately that just seems to attract more as they realise people are viewing their posts.

Thanks for your help, peeps!

Yeah, spam accounts are being a right royal problem at the moment.

All new posts come through on email on my phone so I can jump onto them (if Jester and co haven't already attended to them) when I get to a computer. It's a nuisance of the intermanetwebz, just gotta work through them.

Cheers.

Yup, its been pretty bad lately.  I've banned a bunch. 

As bad as its been, the spam monitoring service that protects SoundPunk has blocked 1721 new registrations this month (November) alone.  So, it could be worse,  i'm just not sure how the others are getting through.

I've re-written the registration challenge questions just incase some bots had worked out the previous ones.  Hopefully that helps. 

Thanks for keeping the place clean guys!

I like how the spammers now started posting in the spammer thread. Maybe we should just given them their own thread? That way they can spam each other...