AirEkah Champ

Help Please

5 posts in this topic

Hey there,

So, recently I purchased a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, I want to use it as a interface more then a preamp, I have a pre-73 mk2 and a Mackie big knob, now the question is where do I connect the cable from the pre-73 mk2 into the scarlett? Thank U!

post-24072-0-68367900-1411495666_thumb.jpg

post-24072-0-96783700-1411568078_thumb.jpg

Plug the pre-73 into either of the Line Inputs (3 or 4) on the back of the Focusrite. Use the "Out" from the back of the Pre-73. You could also use the front inputs on the Focusrite if you have more line sources you want to plug in - but you'd need to use the Focusrite software to configure the front inputs as Line instead of Mic. That big centre whole i them accepts a TRS plug (big one with 2 black stripes on it).

Your big knob goes on the "Line Outputs" 1&2 on the Focusrite.

Same hole - just pick either the one next to "Gain 01" or "Gain 02". Make sure the little switch is set to "Line" and not inst (for Instrument). Big knob uses the line outputs on the back.

Right, but be careful with the Direct Monitor switch. It's recommended to use it, only if you want to use 212 like an analog preamp. You can record in the same time on PC, but do not route the inputs from the 212 interface to ouputs when Direct Monitor switch is ON. You will have the analog sound that goes directly in the ouput combined with the analog sound that goes in  digital sound (PC) comes back in analog but with some latency . That means the final sound will be in antiphase on some frequencies. Sorry for my bad english.