Nick Dolden-Rose

Speaker Problems - Need help.

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I needed to find a forum that can help me with a quick issue, I hope someone can be of assistance.

Basically, I bought a speaker set for my iphone (Water Dancing Speakers if anyones familiar). Anyhow, theres two speakers. On one, theres an Auxiliary (IN) Slot, and a usb one for power, and a second USB one to connect the second speaker. Basically the water effects were really cool with the music, but the sound itself was pretty bad. My question is... how can I connect this to my surround sound reciever?

My reciever has an Audio (IN) / (OUT) But its only for standard RCA Cables. I tried connected the Audio (IN) on the reciever with my iphone, then with the Audio (OUT) connected to my water speakers, but no luck.

Do I need to buy some sort of converter? Or what else can I do?

Or am I basically SOL?..

Thanks Guys!

Nick

Assuming your receiver can pass audio through from an input to an output then with a couple 3.5mm/8th inch to RCA adaptors you can connect the hardware, it would then be a matter of correctly setting up the receiver's in/out throughput.

However the only sonic benefit I can see if you are also trying to access bass/treble/eq settings on the receiver - on it's own it won't make the speakers sound any better.

Simpler yet - have you played with the iPods own eq settings in the phone? They are in the 'settings' app under iPod. Maybe the 'bass boost' 'treble boost' 'loudness' or 'small speakers' presets may improve things.

Well basically I want the speakers simply for the cool water effects. Heres a video:

The sound I want from my normal speakers. So If I can hook it up with the other ones, i'm hoping it will drown out the shitty quality lol.

I'll take a closer look at the EQ settings etc, any other advice would be great!

Sweeet - trippin' :)

okay back to my first suggestion, if you have the cable adapters and you can set your receiver to pass the input source straight through to the output then it should work. You'll just need 2 x stereo 3.5mm/8th inch to RCA adapters from any hi-fi or electronics store.

Can you get into the back of these babies and disconnect the wires to the speaker drivers? That way no audible interference at all...

Could use a tape output and select your receiver to 'record' on that tape channel - then hook the tape out up to these water speakers.

The RCA to 3.5mm plug will do the trick as RB said.