Spectrum

Quotes

5 posts in this topic

Hi Cheyne,

With the new forum update, the post quote function doesn't seem to working properly.

It's quoting in a separate box the name of the person being quoted, but their text just ends up in the same space as my own response - with nothing to distinguish between the words and my words.

Also, re malware, I had a private message or an email notification from someone/something a few weeks back that linked me / or had attached something rather dodge.

Don't know if anyone else got it too? And don't think it had a username either, just from 'guest' if I recall.

Hi Cheyne,

With the new forum update, the post quote function doesn't seem to working properly.

It's quoting in a separate box the name of the person being quoted, but their text just ends up in the same space as my own response - with nothing to distinguish between the words and my words.

Also, re malware, I had a private message or an email notification from someone/something a few weeks back that linked me / or had attached something rather dodge.

Don't know if anyone else got it too? And don't think it had a username either, just from 'guest' if I recall.

Testing ..

Oh yea, I see what you mean ..  I'll check it out ,  thanks for the heads up.

Yea, I wasn't able to find exactly where the malware was, I just know where Google reported it, but im pretty sure i know how it got in.   We were quite a few versions behind the latest release (about 9 releases behind).  Also, our spam protection subscription had expired months ago, apparently I forgot to pay the bill but nothing alerted me to that.

Im actually surprised the current theme survived such a large upgrade.  The worst we got from it, was these screwed up quotes.. Not bad over all.

Anyway, all looks good now.

There's also a new "Mark as answered" feature that im looking to switch on, which will allow us to create some more  Q&A type threads, and the users who ask the questions can select the best answer.

I haven't forgotten about this.  The quick answer is that this skin, which is a highly custom one isn't completely compatible with the latest updates to the underlying software. 

There's other problems that aren't as visible as well (notice the like and twitter butons are all over the place). Im hoping to whip up a new design in the next week or so and just push that out.  We're about due for a style change anyway.

Alright, this problem should be fixed now.  

Keep your eyes peeled for any other issues, as It was slightly questionable about how I fixed this one.   I can't see any other problems, but if you spot some, let me know.