Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
igitha

Garageband !!

4 posts in this topic

I'm looking for help.

I've been on Google and trying to find what I'm looking for has been a killer.

I'm trying to find out how to reverse a loop in Garageband.

Google told me that Garageband hasnt got the ability to do this within the program.

I'm not traditionally a Mac user, but I've managed to get into the app shop, and I've downloaded a couple of programs such as Virtual DJ and Mixx, in hopes of being able to import and export the loops as being one way of handling the situation..

Are there any known options of -free- Mac apps that would allow me to reverse a loop easily?

I'd found 2 that had been recommended via Garageband forums that were Amadeus and Sound Studio, however these are $25+ and I'm only borrowing the Mac that I'm using to get these assignments done; so as I'm sure you can understand, finding a free app in order to simply reverse a loop would be a much more rational option than the paid one..!!

Ideas?

Thankyou

I read on a forum that the way to do it is export the file but I can't see any means of doing that in Garageband? And when trying to open the files externally it saves automatically as .band so it wont open in Audacity, N-Track, Mixx or Virtual Dj... :/

I'm not a garage band user... but you probably need to bounce it down to a wav or mp3 type file. I just had a quick look and there's a menu labelled "Share"in Garageband. This allows you to export to ACC or MP3 using the "Export to Disk" option and selecting the dropdown box (defaults to AAC) and changing it to MP3. Audacity doesn't support AAC but does support MP3. Dr RB can explain the technical terminomologimy about this... but basically you need to 'bounce down' your track as Garage band (like Logic, ProTools, Cubase, Ablertronz etc.) saves the source files like midi and effects so you can edit it. The MP3 format is not editable the same way - just like a song you'd buy.