Cheyne

SoundPunk V4 Coming

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, just a heads up that iv begun planning SoundPunk v4.

Our current version of the software being used to drive the website has dropped behind, and we need to upgrade, the problem is that the current design iv made wont translate to the new version (parts will) but not all, so there will be some level of redesign, but ill try keep a similar theme.

Some changes will be:

* Cutting back the site a bit, less features, cleaner interface. We have a lot of features on the site right now that just arent being used, but they are consuming resources. Each time you load a page, theres a lot of data being crunched in the background and markup being sent to your browsers that isnt being used, im looking to trim this back, remove the things we dont use and keep the site running lean.

* For the first phase of v4 , the front page will most likely disappear and we will directed straight to the forum instead of a front page. Our front page now seems a little stale, and theres a few problems with it, i want to re-write it , but im just not quite sure how I want to do it yet.

* Revamped articles system, same sort of thing as what we have now, but more polished.

* Since moving to the UK, iv noticed the site doesnt perform anywhere near as well as it does in Australia. Its quite slow actually, I think this is hurting our overall exposure to the world and so id like to work on it. Im considering using a CDN to host our files (content delivery network) which basically stores the site files all over the world and delivers content from your nearest location instead of one single point. Ill need to work out how much this is going to cost.

* General improvements, better input UI's etc. The latest version of our forum software has many new improvements, for both the end users and the admnistrators, these will just come with the update

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for enhancements (or cut backs) and ill take them into consideration.

Cheers guys

Cheyne

Guys,

im looking to do the upgrade this weekend. UK time means it will most likely be the middle of the night for you guys, so you'll most likely wake up on Sunday to a slightly different soundpunk.

If you logon anytime from Saturday till Monday and get strange errors or the site is down , just try again later , ill most likely be working on it.

Hey guys, welcome to phase 1 of the new SoundPunk v4.

Everything should look roughly the same (just a little different), although there is a significant change underneath.

Theres loads of new cool features you'll come across, and ill list them all in another post soon. For now, check out the "View New Content" buttons up in the top right hand corner under the search bar, and play around with the new WYSIWYG post editor.

Im sorry, but some peoples avatars were lost in the upgrade, I saved as many as i could, im not sure why the others went missing. If you list yours, just please upload it again. cheers

Hope you like it.

I want to share one of the new music related topic that is audio engineering. I think this is one of the fresh approach to all music lovers. These people having a enough knowledge about the sound system and audio, video related problems that will arise during the recording.