Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Will666

Lady Gaga Born This Way (Craig Williams Remix)

7 posts in this topic

I like it up to 2:33. It's got this cool ambient chill out vibe going on, I wish there was more vocals in the music, it feels somewhat sparse without lady gaga's voice playing a dominant role in the piece. The volume of the vocals at 2:33 are good but I think the robotic effect undermines the song a little. Otherwise, this song is excellent and those little glitchy beats on top of those glidey synths are sick. Good work man.

ahh this is really cool!

I do agree that the vocals should play a more dominant role in at least some parts of it.... and maybe introduced a little earlier. in saying that i do really like the introduction. very nice!

I enjoy this more than the original :)

Wow! Finally stopped to listen to this! Absolutely pearler of an intro! Moody as all fark. Right up my ally!

For me, the four chord piano stabs across 16 beats is a little two happy / simple / banal, and I get that that's somewhat the limitation of Gaga's creativity - not yours (um, did I just say Gaga lacked creativity? Oh dear.. :mellow: ).

Listening back again now, I can see how the intro has actually incorporated the same chord progression, but a more spaced out feel, and I think it works really well here. Would kinda like to hear something like this continue for more of the track, then perhaps work a different chord progression to the same lyrics to totally transform the track. And agreed that some more precise, intelligible lyrics could work too, even if just snippets hear and there against the sound track.

Just a laptop listen, should really go find some headphones, but loving all the layers, and seems to translate well to my very-sub-standard listening environment.

Ooh, very cool! I really like the ambient sound to it. I'm actually doing an assignment at the moment for my Technology of Sound & Music class at uni, and we're remixing a song that was given to us.

Hearing this makes me want to remix some more songs!

I'm really starting to understand how these kinds of songs are put together. Its really interesting, and I really enjoy it ;)