elrusho

Music Decomposer

3 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I'm a software engineer and my team is working on an application that helps people learn using the different musical instruments, for this purpose I want to alter a waveform in a way that it's only playing the sound made by a specific instrument. Now I was just wondering if there is some way of filtering out different instruments from a single sound file, or will I have to make 5 different sound files (one for each instrument that I support) ? Obviously having some sort of filter will make my application compatible with all sound files as opposed to having to record instruments separately.

I appreciate the help,

Thanks.

sound isolation is tricky, there are ways to do it, I dont think there is a plugin or simple way to do it on mass every time.

People often play with stereo panning, filtering out the left or right channels to try and find hard panned instruments, but its not going to give you a clean sound.

Its been a long time since I saw a demo, but I thought Melodyne could do something along these lines http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=products_studio