Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rhythmboy

Embarrassing track CHEEZY AZ c1990 (lolz)

4 posts in this topic

OMG what was I thinking when I produced this? :mellow:

Ok it is 20 years old but Jebus, must have thought I was Jan Hammer or something...

Aside from the tune itself, I think what qualifies this for pure cheeziness is the gear it was made on:

- drums: Alesis HR16

- bass: DX7 'Superbass' preset

- pan flute, canned brass and piano: Akai S1100

- saxomophones and guitars: Roland U220 - possibly the second worst module ever made (the worst being the D110)

If anything, the pan flute solo complete with 7/4 bars and Van Halen-style electric guitar hammer-ons at about 2'30" should be entertaining enough :P

Excuse the hiss, original master was a TDK SA-90 ;)

http://www.soundpunk.com/downloads//home/RBstuff/Can_the_lot_1990.mp3

Ok folks, be brave - where are your embarrassing tunes? I wanna hear them!

Oh dude! You've seriously struck electromagnetic gold recently, innit! This is a marvel of the lost art of MIDI sequencing. It's actually really awesome. The pan flute has me spitting coffee all over the desk.The brass is fine until you bend it. The key shifts are so divine. The bass. And the U220, that shit is up there in the halls of the most wilfully forgotten modules ever. Oh god the dark ages of S+S synthesis.

Seriously this is fucking awesome.

And there are no secrets with you man, you've been unlucky enough to not only experience the lowest points in my productions, with the added bonus that you've been present, and even contributed to many of them. :mellow:

Oh shit, there's the guitar solo. ORSM. oh the pan flute. In harmony with the guitar!!!!!!!!! DUDE! TRILLS! MEGA HUGE BEEEEEND!!!!!!!!!!! You could sell this shit to an elevator company, or as some on hold stuff. Too awesome.

Anyway, I'm up there at the moment. I'm making a Xmas album. Cheapest stingy one size fits all present I could think of.

http://soundcloud.com/smashbang/firing-pattern-lam-lam

Dude.

This made me want to whip out the credit card and buy something naff. Like gym equipment I'd use once and then hide in the cupboard forever. Or some kind of facial moisturising cream made of crushed up charcoal and seahorse shit. With a free set of steakknives.

AAA+, fantastic, will listen again.