Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cheyne

SoundPunk v3 - Phase 2

5 posts in this topic

Guys and Girls

Over the coming weeks, ill be working on some more changes to the site, we’re only really half way through the SoundPunk v3 project, theres still a lot more features to be finished.

The biggest transformation is going to be with the site becoming more of a “web site” andnot just a forum. I think this will best be understood by see’ing instead of me trying to explain, so stay tuned.

The other transformation that will happen is the articles and blogging systems. Currently, our blogging is a bit like an articles system, although its hidden away right now ,it will all be exposed soon.

Once thenew articles system comes along, illopen up the blogging to all users, and you can write what you want in your own blogs. Premium content, such as tutorials and articles can bepromoted to article status, and will be kept in a categorized library.

Its all abit confusing to explain, so I think I just need to get it up andrunning so you can see for your self, but here’s a few takeaways for you.

• Blogs will be open for all members. Can be about anything really, its your blog.
  • Articles will be for published content, ie premium content. Will go through an admin approval process.
  • Going to soundpunk.com will no longer put you into the forum. You will land on a new front page, with feeds and information about all the latest blogs, articles, forum posts, downloads and content. Ie, A proper web site, not just a forum.
  • Start putting together any content you would like to publish. We’ll be ready to go soon.
  • Articles and quality content will be categorized, and stored with easily accessible pages.

Been spending lots of time building the new pages this week, get your articles ready guys :)

Ill be opening up the blogging platform to everyone at the end of the week too. The new front page to the site will contain feeds displaying any recent blogs, articles and posts, there will also be a section front and center for "featured" blogs, if your blog post is interesting, it will get prime position on the front page as a featured post :)

and just to confirm , there will be an articles section AND a blogs section , the blogs section will be for informal posts, what ever you want really , you can start your own mixerman chronicals if you want , the articles section will be managed by myself and a couple of senior moderators , and will be basically handled like a library containing the best content , tutorials articles etc.

A little taster of whats coming .. This is what the new SoundPunk front page is going to look like.

post-13722-007090600 1287837478_thumb.pn

I should mention aswell that ill be re-introducing the post count advert removal, so those with high post counts are exempt from the very small assortment of advertising that will be present.

I should also mention that over the next few weeks, ill be making to odd style adjustment to the forum. So if you happen to notice something looks off, post it here and ill check it out...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0