Spectrum

Song of *YOUR* day?

72 posts in this topic

How about song of someone else's day? I work alongside a Filipino and the fucker plays Journey all day long. I fucking hate them with a vengeance.

Have to say, I cannot for the life of me understand all the hype for Gaga. just sounds like a Madonna wannabe to me.

She speaks remarkably well for a 20-something.

And while the 'disco-stick' track was woeful, she does generally come up with the goods, with the recent "Edge of Glory" being annoyingly well done, I reckon.

How about song of someone else's day? I work alongside a Filipino and the fucker plays Journey all day long. I fucking hate them with a vengeance.

A guy who lives across the road from me has an old-school big hi fi with giant tower speakers.

Which would be ok if he didn't play bloody SLIM DUSTY at window-rattling levels of a weekend :angry:

Drove my better half so mad a few weeks ago she stormed over there, walked into his lounge, pointed the speakers away from the street, lowered the volume on the amp and marked the setting with a pen, and told him to "never make the level go past this mark ever again". What a legend she is :wub:

For our international visitors, let me share some of our pain:

A guy who lives across the road from me has an old-school big hi fi with giant tower speakers.

Which would be ok if he didn't play bloody SLIM DUSTY at window-rattling levels of a weekend :angry:

Drove my better half so mad a few weeks ago she stormed over there, walked into his lounge, pointed the speakers away from the street, lowered the volume on the amp and marked the setting with a pen, and told him to "never make the level go past this mark ever again". What a legend she is :wub:

For our international visitors, let me share some of our pain:

Your wife sounds like a keeper. I would have paid to watch her do what she did. Top marks to her..

Your wife sounds like a keeper. I would have paid to watch her do what she did. Top marks to her..

Thanks mate, yes she is awesome - I can make all the noise I want, but woe to the neighbor who does the same...

Had this one stuck in my head for a week or so now

Into Eternity By Thousand Needles In Red

Been listening to a lot of old soul lately. My current top 3 are:

Ray Parker Jnr- Jack And Jill.

Average White Band- Let's Go Round Again.

The O'Jays- Back Stabbers.

Hungry Heart by Bruce Springsteen, hell of a singer and sounds a fair bit like Brandon Flowers of The Killers on this track. Early Springsteen is something I can't get enough of!

He is back with the E St Band, isn't he? I remember many years ago the band were up in arms because he fired them all. Is this true?

So who got into Eurovision this year? It's my secret shame... :blush:

Had the winning song from Sweden stuck in my head this week as much as it pains me... at least it shows that cheezy commercial trance is still alive and well...

Although Russia and Ireland for me encapsulated what Eurovision is all about - cheezy cheeze with melted cheeze on top:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7waUlb7FGk

Really what were Ireland thinking???? This is the country that gave us U2! Then again they also gave us Riverdance... :unsure:

Yeah, Sweden was a mint Gatecrasher anthem, if only 12 years behind the 8 ball.

I thought best vocal performance went to Spain, even if it was yet another lofty ballad.

Still haven't seen the Russians, and my net's pretty slow at the best of times, but I'm sure I'll load it up at some point.