Spectrum

Song of *YOUR* day?

72 posts in this topic

Continuing the old skool electro flavour...

I know that Kraftwerk are one of those defacto-standard must-have influences for anyone - and everyone - doing electronic music today, but to be frank, I was never a Kraftwerk fan, having never really looked them up.

However this tune, as featured in the Breakdance film in the early/mid-80s, always struck me as pretty special, and funnily enough it was a good decade or so later before I discovered that it was, in fact, Kraftwerk at the helm. So perhaps I'm a fan after all.

This song is ALWAYS running around in my head. It will be played at my wedding, funeral & coronation for becoming the King of England (not necessarily in that order):

Jim

^^^ Bueller?...Bueller?...Bueller? ;)

Top Toon! :)

Well after this posting on another site, I can't get *any* of the songs out of my head... the entire musical universe channeled into just four* chords:

Just so beautifully done. :D

And so funny that their fellow comic Tim Minchin got roped into their ear bashing!

And here's the studio version (with a few extra tunes chucked in there too I think)...

(*Actually I'd have to go back and study each track, but ignoring obviously differing key signatures, I can't help think they're pushing some of these to get 'em to fit. Still it's pretty startling just how many songs go this way nonetheless.)

My primary school sweetheart Christina (um, I don't think we even got as far as holding hands :) ) was an INXS fan, The Swing (released 1984) was her album, and to this day it's still my favourite piece of work from them.

This particular track always fascinated me with its stringed themes and wandering basslines in the chorus.

INXS - "Johnson's Aeroplane"

Was hopin' to find a studio version of this one as the live version gets a li'l wonky, but you get the idea. ;)

Man, I've had this tune rolling around in my head constantly for the last 24 hours, to the point it kept me awake all night ;)

Basement Jaxx 'Hush Boy' - a veritable pinball game of samples bouncing around the mix - I love a busy mix, and the Jaxx do it so well B)

Too damn catchy! Shame about the video tho :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YavVQ7mxjF8

I got Groove Armada - Super Stylin stuck in my head today. It was the last track i heard them play at Park Life yesterday... oldie, but still got everyone moving :)

I actually like The Axis of Awesome 4 Chords which Spectrum posted. They blended the songs really well and sounds rad.

The song I have stuck in my head is Hey Baby, Heres That Song You Wanted by Blessthefall

ooh ooh and before that song, I had Jeffree Star's Lollipop Luxury song stuck in my head. Not sure if you guys would like his style :)

Something about his style that always captivates me. I like many gay/bi artists because they're not afraid to show the world themselves. They stand up for their rights and their bravery makes me a proud listener :unsure:

I went to the movies with this chick and this was playing in the movie, God love her she was trying to talk to me at the end while I was trying to read the end credits - I found it though hehe ;) ... don't think she was too impressed but hey that's what I'm into. I just love the rhythm.

I was on youtube today and Britney came up and for life of me I couldn't tell you why I played it but check this out...

seems the old saying 'whatever's playing in dance music will be in pop music next year' still holds true, anyone else hear the obvious dubstep influence?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfHywr5EOlU

my apologies for that hehe

This has been my song for the last few days! what can i say, i just can't listen to this song without smiling :rolleyes:

About November of last year i went and saw 'The doors' docoumentary at ACMI in Melbourne. Today i was just clicking through my ipod, and on shuffle the song

'Light my fire' came on. So today this shall be the song of this day! Tomorrow it may be different. My mood changes often!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flOvM4Z355A

Somwhere On A Fullerton - Allister

Old school- I first heard it playing Disney Extreme Skater (hardcore, I know), but it's just so catchy! The cute harmonies, and the straight-to-the-point rock feel...This song always gets me up and dancing like a loon. And really, what else makes your day :)

I have a few songs that are stuck in my head. The first one is Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce, because of playing Guitar Hero with some friends last night. We thought we try it on expert and almost broke out hands!

Also I got Tribute by Tenacious D, why I do not know.

But even weirder is that I have also got the sound of when the lower the Hell in a Cell in WWE?! I don’t know why that is stuck in my head, but I think it is going to be there for a couple days.

I have a couple songs that I have been playing on repeat all day.

One is 'Come Back Home' by Two Door Cinema Club. I also really like their music video. They're always very creative and well edited.

The second song that I've been playing today is 'Bigger Than Us' by White Lies. They're sound is very dark and cold - very different to the song above, but I really like this band.

So I recently discovered that Arcade Fire is still around and that the album they released last year, "The Suburbs", is actually pretty good. Anyway, this is a good song.

Also here is a really crazy experimental type of website that features Arcade Fire.

http://thewildernessdowntown.com

Oh yea and here's something completely random just for kicks. Enjoy.

Song of my day, and on repeat for some duration is,

Paul Dempseys- Out the airlock. amazing artisit with such uniqueness, and delightful tone.

Lady Gaga - Judas..... My Girlfriend and her Mum have been dancing around to it and every single remix of it all day..