Cheyne

Moderators Wanted

23 posts in this topic

The new site reset most of the local forum moderators, so currently we only have 2 main moderators (Rhythmboy and Spectrum) who are assisting with the site content.

Spectrum has been pretty busy lately, and Rhythmboy manages a secondary account and hidden forums for his uni students, so im putting out the call to all you Punkers, and offering spots to be “Content Managers”.

As you can see around here lately, SoundPunk is going to be expanding in the coming months/years , so heres your chance to get involved.

Moderators will sit one level above Contributors in the SoundPunk hierarchy

• Guest – Users with no accounts, can only view normal content
  • Members – Normal members, access to normal user content, downloads and sections
  • Contributors - Members with ability to blog, and create more article focused content, can assign editors to content etc.
  • Moderators – Ability to moderate a single (or multiple) forums, report users and increase warning indicators. Can also blog, submit articles etc. These are basically “local” moderators
  • Global Moderators – These are global moderators , have the same rights as Content Managers but globally, on every forum, on every blog, on every post. Can also ban users, more power etc
  • Administrators – Theres just 1 of these, Me .. Access to back end , databases etc. AKA Webmaster

You will have the ability to promote posts to blog posts, you will have access to submit articles to the SoundPunk – Tutorials And Articles blog.

Who Should Apply

• More established users are obviously preferred.
  • Users who have knowledge of the forum subject, ie Cubase user? Apply for the Cubase forum role.
  • People who have an eye for good content, by that I mean if a user happens to submit a very good piece of content, although maybe its horribly layed out, this is where you’d come in and add some space, give it a little flare and make it more presentable.
  • Should be obvious, but users with good English skills also preferred.
  • People who are on the site regularly, obviously id like you to be around to manage your forum.

Whats Expected From Me

Its not a job, you don’t need to check in or do anything special, we just want normal users who have a genuine interest in a topic and wouldn’t mind getting involved a bit more.

Your global upload limit will be increased, as will your PM message allowance. Theres a few other things too, its basically just an account with more power and room.

Alternatively, if you’d like to apply for a Contributors account , just PM me.

For any inquiries or applications, drop me a PM.

If i was moderator... i would have banned me by now. So, yeah, make me moderator.

Which ever ones i need to be banned from :P

Don't care - where ever you think i can help. Probably same as old site... though i seem to spend heaps of time in General as well.

Iv updated the Group titles to make things a little clearer ...

Everybody knows what a moderator is, so thats what we'll call it.

The heirachy will now be

• Members
  • Contributors
  • Moderators
  • Global Moderators
  • Administrators

Moderators will work as they previously did, and can manage their own forums, Global moderators can manage all forums.

Contributers are accounts with ability to post their own articles , blogs etc.

** Jester, iv promoted you to moderator .. Iv added you as a mod for the General and Speakers forum.. Let me know if you want anything else :P

• More established users are obviously preferred.

Ignore. Just checking if I'm a valued member of the SoundPunk society.

Edit: Doesn't seem that way.

what do you mean ?

None of the moderators from the old site were migrated across, and I forgot who was moderating what forum, hence why im asking now.

You got 100 posts dude, thats fine. I just meant I didnt want people signing up one day and requesting to be a mod the next.

i'd be happy to continue doin whatevs i was doin before... I find my time fairly limited these days, having a real job really takes up a lot of time... but still have time for some punk action late at night

B)

no problem, what were you moderating before CT ? I cant remember who was modding what before, as we lost all the permissions in the platform migration.

Done dude, you've got VST's , Interfaces and Synthesizers ... :)

p.s When you click into a forum, if you scroll all the way to the bottom, you will see who moderates that forum.

Yup, we're still here ... Generally though we'd like you to be a bit more active on the forums before you become a moderator. You've only got 2 posts. Start some threads, get some discussion going and you can come onboard.

We really want more people that will spur along the conversation as well as moderate the posts.

I don't know if HeartBeat will be back after i no no'ed the thread started offering to 'share' a 'software collection'. :wacko:

^^^ :lol: just spotted that! Shame, 'cause he was oh, so keen too. Perhaps he'll be back once the dust clears.