Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cheyne

Welcome To SoundPunk v3 !

18 posts in this topic

Well, I made the decision today to push forward with the new forum rollout.

I was spending too much time trying to finely tune some of the other elements, elements that still have months of work left in them , so I thought id roll out the new forum and blogging to give you all a chance to get used to it before the other features come along.

Let me know what you think, any issues you have or problems with your account.

Theres still work to be done, and we pretty much lost all our permission sets, so im working busily now to try and restore as much as I can.

God damn ads are back! Meh, i'll forgive you as the new site kinda looks ace.

Just noticed that the forum i guess is hidden for RB's course is now visible. Something about Music Tech ACO1007... but i don't have permission to view it... let alone troll it. Bastard.

God damn ads are back! Meh, i'll forgive you as the new site kinda looks ace.

Just noticed that the forum i guess is hidden for RB's course is now visible. Something about Music Tech ACO1007... but i don't have permission to view it... let alone troll it. Bastard.

Hey all, site looks good :)

Yeah Cheyne if this could be sorted please? If possible? Thx

Just made some changes then , it should be fixed now. Although if you could test it RB that would be good.

p.s , those of you with file manager accounts, you can still access the file manager by going to http://www.soundpunk.com/downloads/index.php

(The /index.php is important now, as with that the forum software picks it up and will reject it)

Just made some changes then , it should be fixed now. Although if you could test it RB that would be good.

Uber punk is uber quick. All gonskies.

Im rebuilding them , they will have different links.

Which feeds were you using ? Per board ? all topics ? per category ?

You can subscribe to the all topics feed here: http://www.soundpunk.com/index.php?/rss/forums/1-soundpunk-all-topics/

In the top right hand corner of the site, there is an RSS icon, click that to see available feeds, ill be adding more soon.

crap, I didn't know that actually worked .. Thanks for the heads up.

I want to attract some some audio advertisers, and ditch the google ads, every now and then when there isnt a good google match for an advert it will display a small contact banner for anyone interested. I havnt actually made that banner yet :wub:

There is only 1 ad now, not 1 per every 3 posts like before. So there is significantly less advert impressions now.

There is no post count bypass for the ad's right now, even I see them. I will be looking to try and level out the costs of the site by selling a single ad space in the future. that will generally be under the first post (i hate when forums advert above the post) .

Id be happy with a single sponsor that would support us , in return for a bit of exposure..

yea, actually there is bucket loads of feature enhancements like this, im still discovering them daily.

I havnt had time to do a write up on some of the better ones yet, so id recommend just clicking around and seeing whats out there.

I'm still trying to work out how to quote text (aside manually entering the [ quote / unquote ] tags.

I can see a multi quote button, which toggles on / off, and I can 'tick' particular posts, but how do I get someone's post to appear in my fast reply box ready-quoted?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0