Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neo

Dumping all of my hardware on eBay

28 posts in this topic

So I'm experiencing my own personal credit crunch.

But also, I've come to the realisation that I'm turning into more of a synth collector than a musician and that is just not really my goal. Plus the fact that since I started buying hardware I make a lot LESS music than when I was all in the box which is the opposite to what I intended. So I'm chucking it all! No more hardware synths, effects, or anything.

It's all starting at 99c so there are bargains to be had. 5 synths are up there so far and more to come, watch this space.

http://shop.ebay.com.au/networkacid/m.html

x0xbox ?

I was going to put it up later today. You interested? It's from the 3rd Ladyada kit run (X0X205 - I think I have lost the keytag for it unfortunately but will have a search around), has the black Consumer faceplate and a BA662A VCA chip, no mods. I'll hold off listing it for now, if you want to make an offer via PM.

Simply, wow. Sorry to hear it all has to go, but hey, I'm kinda feelin' your financial pain at the mo' myself so understand that the time has come. And man, if I were still up for buying gear, that Evolver, Voyager and Microwave would be snapped up in a flash.

wow - I saw your username on ebay, and wondered what was up.

I'm going after the MEK, so currently working out what other gear of mine I'll have to sell if I get it...

:-)

i'd like to say I am but cant really justify buying it - so I'll say no

wow - I saw your username on ebay, and wondered what was up.

I'm going after the MEK, so currently working out what other gear of mine I'll have to sell if I get it...

:-)

I figured that was you :)

Speccy - yeah, I'm actually quite philosophical about it now. There are more reasons as well. It really is a good thing. I'm definitely going to be more productive now and then if anything ever comes of music I'm definitely going to buy more hardware one day - some of the same pieces even - but I will pay cash (all of this stuff basically owned by the evil bankers who control the world ;)) and I will do it one piece at a time. I did a lot of bulk buying and overwhelming myself trying to learn three things at once and probably set myself back several months by doing that.

It actually feels quite liberating. I thought I would cry lots but I feel very positive about the experience. Plus I learned a shitload using all this stuff that I will take back in the box with me.

Have you got a full list of what your selling?

Still got the MachineDrum, the x0xb0x, MKS-50, Novation Remote 25SL Compact, plus compressors: Art Pro VLA II, Toft DC-2, DBX 166, DBX 163X, and a Art Multiverb LTX. Then there's the big old beast of a mixer: Soundcraft 200 Delta. I might just put that in storage since I won't get a third of what I paid for it.

I think that's it.

Oh you should have seen the ass-raping I got on the Moog  :'( :'( :'(

Everything else so far has done as or better than expected!

Damn, thats alotta nice gear, hope you get a decent price for everything, I have had some bad 99 cent auction experience lately.

I was keeping an eye on the Neptune... seems like you got a good price for it?

Aren't they like US$600 new?

Alas, my monies got spent elsewhere. :D

Damn, thats alotta nice gear, hope you get a decent price for everything, I have had some bad 99 cent auction experience lately.

Yeah, it's a risk. Funny thing is people paid well above market price on almost everything else so it kinda evened out.

I was keeping an eye on the Neptune... seems like you got a good price for it?

That was a very pleasant surprise! They usually go for about $450 - $500 second hand, when they come up. But yeah quite a few things did better than expected so overall I'm very happy.

Alas, my monies got spent elsewhere. :D

I expect a full report in the recent purchases thread! Since I'm going to be living my hardware fantasies vicariously through other people for some time.  :-

Hang on, is it all still on? Ebay page empty?

5 day auctions a.k.a. need money fast.

There will be another lot going up next week.

Totally understand the 'hardware = less productivity' thing, for myself anyway. I'm a sufferer of the same condition...

Damn that Neptune looks like a balls machine...Do you still have the MKS-50?

I dare not ask how cheap some of the stuff went then.

You're still all cool with it?

Absolutely, most stuff went as or better than expected. Just the Moog I took a hit on.

Totally understand the 'hardware = less productivity' thing, for myself anyway. I'm a sufferer of the same condition...

Damn that Neptune looks like a balls machine...Do you still have the MKS-50?

Yes, it has issues though. The power button is screwed and you have to hit it to turn it on and it will switch off at any moment. Fine for studio use but you wouldn't gig with it. I have to take the mixing desk in to Logi to get it serviced so will prolly take the MKS at the same time to get that looked at.

15v thing's all a bit interesting guys... We certainly bundle niners with them these days, and it's well printed on the unit...

motu_ultralite.jpg

I was going to put it up later today. You interested? It's from the 3rd Ladyada kit run (X0X205 - I think I have lost the keytag for it unfortunately but will have a search around), has the black Consumer faceplate and a BA662A VCA chip, no mods. I'll hold off listing it for now, if you want to make an offer via PM.

I messaged you about the x0xb0x, but haven't heard back...guess I'll wait for it to come up at auction.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0