Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cheyne

Lychee Martini - Through To Me Remix Competition Official Discussion Thread

137 posts in this topic

HUntA remix

brilliant vocals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just uploaded mine it's:

Joelle's Neat Mix

Great to see! Nice one  :clap:

Th entries are flooding in now... 36 of them, we've smashed the previous record of 26 woohoo!

Heartfelt thanks to everyone for the enthusiasm, kind words and hard work making your tracks, we're honoured!

Remember everyone if you don't win, you'll still get access to a free copy of every remix once the winners are announced. So share the love people and share the tunes, we're happy for you to do so. Put your own on your myspace/soundcloud, etc we're fine with it. You worked on it, you can use it :P

Entries are now live gents ...  Im having a bitch of a time trying to get the progress bar working on the player though ...  right now you just have to listen from start to finish.

Please note

There were 3 problem entries

Two people submitted .WAV files over 60MB ,  these were not included in the list ,  and MP3 versions will need to be uploaded and my self will need to be notified.

These entries were:

Tails Edit.wav

and

lychee.wav  <--  This one obviously needs a better name , as I have no idea who uploaded it.

One person also uploaded a file named "Throughtomeremix.mp3"  ,  iv included it on the player ,  although its just marked as "--Unknown Contributor--"  who ever this is , should contact me and let me know.

Guys, although the upload form is still active,  the comp is closed.  Its a manual process for me to add the file into the playlist so your file wont just sneak in if you upload now.

Ill accept entries up until midday today , as im seeing a few people uploading this morning, but afterwards it will be too late.  We have to be fair to the people that stayed up late and finished their remixes.

The only other exception are the two people mentioned above that submitted entries in the wrong format, ill except MP3 versions of your files as you were already in before the finish date.

listening through them now

damn! some excellent work guys, interesting entries, good variety for the guys to pick from!

good work people :clap:

edit: lol at 60mb wav  ;D

Guys, although the upload form is still active,  the comp is closed.   Its a manual process for me to add the file into the playlist so your file wont just sneak in if you upload now.

Ill accept entries up until midday today , as im seeing a few people uploading this morning, but afterwards it will be too late.  We have to be fair to the people that stayed up late and finished their remixes.

The only other exception are the two people mentioned above that submitted entries in the wrong format, ill except MP3 versions of your files as you were already in before the finish date.

oh fuck, i thought it closed at midnight tonight lol

oops  ;D

ah well i still had fun, thanks rb & the rest of the lychees for letting us play with your bits

Can the remixes that are on the player buffer? I'm on damn dial up and would love to hear what others have done. (dial up? you say?.... Yep, fkn dial up.)

All the best to those who entered, cant wait to hear some remixes! :P

oh fuck, i thought it closed at midnight tonight lol

oops  ;D

ah well i still had fun, thanks rb & the rest of the lychees for letting us play with your bits

It should have , although as people were still submitting them fairly often , it would of been cruel to just shut them out.  Sorry to those that busted their asses to get it in by the night before.

Wow talk about last minute rush!

Thanks Cheyne for staying on top of it all day, much apprciated  :clap:

Cheers to everyone for the mixes, the Lychees have been informed and listening underway... getting together next week to talk about the winners :P

Promise we won't keep you waiting too long (although knowing this band...  :- "glacial" was the phrase Ehsan once used to describe how we move...)

It should have , although as people were still submitting them fairly often , it would of been cruel to just shut them out.  Sorry to those that busted their asses to get it in by the night before.

i'm still confused, if the comp was supposed to close at midnight sunday, then why did you close it off early?

pretty sure i wasn't the only one that missed out because of this confusion, the annoying thing being that i stayed up late saturday to get my track finished, went to the footy sunday, thinking i will come home give it a final listen/mixdown and get it in no worries by the deadline, only to log on and find that you had shut it off at midday sunday

i'm still confused, if the comp was supposed to close at midnight sunday, then why did you close it off early?

pretty sure i wasn't the only one that missed out because of this confusion, the annoying thing being that i stayed up late saturday to get my track finished, went to the footy sunday, thinking i will come home give it a final listen/mixdown and get it in no worries by the deadline, only to log on and find that you had shut it off at midday sunday

im pretty sure mine uploaded at 9pm that night. it wasnt till i read a few posts that there was some confusion. but i didnt see anything saying it needed to be in before i went for breakfast!

mines up here btw.

The last remaining remixes have been added to the player ,  took me a week to get around to it.

That's pretty strange...

I uploaded my mix perfectly in time, but it's not in the player?

Competition End Date: 28th March 2010

Upload timestamp: 28/03/2010 17:01:46

(Morgen Wurde Remix ... it is in the database)

Not sure why that was missed mate but its up there now ...  Apologies ..

Finally got a glimpse at some of the mixes, superb!!!

Should we start a new thread for reviews? Or tack 'em on here?