Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cheyne

Lychee Martini - Through To Me Remix Competition Official Discussion Thread

137 posts in this topic

nope, everything you see on soundpunk is hosted from soundpunk ... Those 441 are unique to your soundcloud users ... well done mate :)

It's occured to me that a sample i've used might render my remix ineligle for any "commercial release" 

But i'm going to do the remix anyway ... i'm afraid the sample just works toooooo well with the vocal ... it can get leaked as an unofficial bootleg if folks dig it    8)

Damn you 1-day remix bastards!!! :bang: ;D

I've got as far as settling on 135BPMs, hacking some orchestral backing for the vox, bashing out some crummy drums breaks, and fumbling with a bassline that doesn't work.

I'll be pressed for 2 years, let alone 2 months, at this rate.

Got a day off tomoz... will be firing up the old music station to have a crack. Might even finish it this time!

Got started on mine last night ...  very slow of the mark on this one ,  had some syncing problems with the vox , and general creativity block but hopefully I should have something in time :)

Hmm...

I'm sad to say my original vision for some hard-as-fuck techno breaks has been exchanged for a cinematic ambient fairy tale rock opera vibe... now if I can get the badass breaks back into it, I will, but I'm 'fraid to admit that I might have finally gone soft.

Wow, Pro Tools now does realtime time stretching. Cool, huh? Actually, 'tis been a blessing as I've been fighting to settle on a BPM.

I must say, this remix has opened my eyes to something...

Cubase4 has better time-stretching than Logic 8 or Ableton 7

My remix was still done in Logic, but all the vox stretching (155 down to 128) was done in C4. Found it sooo much easier and sounded more natural than the Logic or Ableton bounces i did...

meh, anyway - as you were people

I must say, this remix has opened my eyes to something...

Cubase4 has better time-stretching than Logic 8 or Ableton 7

My remix was still done in Logic, but all the vox stretching (155 down to 128) was done in C4. Found it sooo much easier and sounded more natural than the Logic or Ableton bounces i did...

What warping algorithm did you use in Ableton though ? and grain size ?  Iv found ableton 8 with tonal warping to be great ..   Iv just switched from C4 to Live 8 ... Finally bought a ledgit copy ..

can someone tell a tard like me how to download the parts - log in and click

http://soundpunk.com/?action=throughtome

it takes me to a new page where I'm not logged in - I log in and it takes me back to the sp home page rinse repeat X(

using firefox - will try with another browser...

Edit - works ok with IE....

try logging out , first ....  login through the forum . then access the page..  if that fails , try clearing your cookies first.

If all else fails , PM me and ill sort you out .

^What he said. Log Out, Log In, clock linky. All works. I know a few who've had the issue and it works every time.

Hi folks, hope you had a good weekend  ;)

142 downloads and 3 uploads so far - thanks to those have submitted already  :clap:

On favour to ask of entrants - either:

1) name the remix the same as your SP username, and/or

2) post here that you have uploaded and the name of your remix

If we can't match the remix name to the user name we may not know the winner and we'll have to give it someone else...

After the comp is over you can rename the tracks anything you want - but a ref to SP usernames helps for now ;)

Cheers  :P

^^^  ditto ... i actually wrote those conditions in the rules , but forgot to save it ..

M.T.O. remix uploading now ;)

going by the entries for the previous comp, i don't stand a chance! :P

but it was good fun, awesome samples

What format do you want the remixes in??

is DAT ok? jk

seriously tho, wav, aif, mp3?

remix done, just have to deal with syncing 2 desks automation together... heaps fun!