Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
niktu

Yam AW1600, Adrenalinn, PODxt, 2880 Looper, APA44M

13 posts in this topic

Going once...

http://shop.ebay.com.au/mr_teacup/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

It's going - at any price the market dictates. All my stuff. The only thing I can't guarantee is the APA44M. Bought it ignorantly (without enough research) and will probably lose on the resale but fuck it, I'll take what ever I can get. I'm getting one of those i7 iMacs and can't be arsed pissing around. All auctions started at $1.

More stuff to come in the next wave of Ebay auctions:

TC Powercore Compact (the little one)

Technics PX222 Digital Piano

A black Macbook (2Ghz/2Gb/320Gb)- originally sold but the noob-tosser that won it, hasn't contacted me and is ignoring my emails. Shit, I hate that.

A few WD Passport hard drives - 320Gb

A 120Gb SSD HD - for Mac. Launches everything fast - signficant perfomance boost

Wharfedale MovieStar 70+ surround speaker system. Sort of decent dinky monitors for a budget surround set up.

Open to offers.

Still might be selling my Pro Tools stuff. (see previous posts on SP somewhere) Gonna get rid of all this other stuff first. I keep swinging on this one. Will probably flog McDSP Everything bundle and A.I.R. Instruments before I flog the 003/Complete Toolkit so we'll see how my mood is in the new year.

Cheers punks

Hi niktu!

re: WD Passport hard drives - 320Gb

Are they 2.5 or 3.5 inch? Wanting 3.5, and guessing USB, but FireWire would be better.

And how much for two, shipped to Perth?

I should be looking at terrabytes, but this'll get me out of a bind.

They're just 2.5"/5400RPM externals (the little ones). I have one USB-only left. Asking $80. And one USB/Firewire (silver "Studio" drive). Asking $100. See WD for more specs here:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/index.asp?cat=9

If you wanted them, Spec, I'd pay for the shipping with insurance. So say, $180 including regsitered & insured post to Perth. BTW, where abouts in Perth are you? I'm a Freo ex-pat.

Cheers mate.

Sorry - why would you WANT 3.5" drives? The smaller ones are heaps lower power, lower noise, self powered and easier to transport. Why oh why would you want 3.5?

And one USB/Firewire (silver "Studio" drive). Asking $100. See WD for more specs here:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/index.asp?cat=9

If you wanted them, Spec, I'd pay for the shipping with insurance. So say, $180 including regsitered & insured post to Perth. BTW, where abouts in Perth are you? I'm a Freo ex-pat.

Cool, I'll grab the USB/Firewire (silver "Studio" drive) for a $100 bucks if I can. Does it come with all the leads/bag? PM me your details and I'll fix you up this week.

I'm in Mt Lawley, but know Freo well. Been here around 6 1/2 years now.

Sorry - why would you WANT 3.5" drives? The smaller ones are heaps lower power, lower noise, self powered and easier to transport. Why oh why would you want 3.5?

Hahah alright alright alright, maybe I do?!!

My reasoning for 3.5":

- It's what I've always done and I have USB/FireWire enclosures for 'em.

- I've never considered 2.5" the bees knees for heavy audio streaming, but I guess time's have changed (I've not looking into input/output stats).

- Powered is fine, my studio doesn't leave the er, studio, so it's just another slot in the power board.

- My laptop battery is sitting @ 0% capacity 'Not Charging' (Apple won't cover outside warranty despite clearly low cycles), I'm putting off the $200 replacement battery for as long as I can, and I'm wary of the load on the power supply as is.

But the 2.5" 'Studio Drive' will come in handy regardless.

Speaking of drives, I went to reformat a dual-partitioned drive last night via Disk Utility (Mac Leopard), it fails to get past the initiation stage, comes back with just one of the partitions, then every attempt to reformat is hit with input / output errors, attempt on my wife's and get the same message, although her Snow Leopard says something about can't assign memory. Google it, lots of people have same issues with even brand new drives and offer solutions such as boot off Tiger install CD and run Disk Utility from there. I eventually get it to format from the FireWire bus (rather than USB), however, it's still only showing up half the capacity (ie. what that particular partition originally was set to, with the other partition now totally void/invisible), so what gives? Gotta a PC tech mate at work that I'll get to look at tomorrow, but this has got me beat.

PS. niktu, sorry, I know I've just totally sidetracked your thread. ;)

niktu, sorry, I know I've just totally sidetracked your thread
  pffft, no probs at all. Weird about the HD.

Just PM'd you my details, Spec. Forgot to mention it comes with its own USB/Firewire lead. It didn't come with a bag/pouch.

Speaking of drives, I went to reformat a dual-partitioned drive last night via Disk Utility (Mac Leopard), it fails to get past the initiation stage, comes back with just one of the partitions, then every attempt to reformat is hit with input / output errors, attempt on my wife's and get the same message, although her Snow Leopard says something about can't assign memory. Google it, lots of people have same issues with even brand new drives and offer solutions such as boot off Tiger install CD and run Disk Utility from there. I eventually get it to format from the FireWire bus (rather than USB), however, it's still only showing up half the capacity (ie. what that particular partition originally was set to, with the other partition now totally void/invisible), so what gives? Gotta a PC tech mate at work that I'll get to look at tomorrow, but this has got me beat.

That's weird. On Friday night i literally reformatted my USB 2.5" disk under snow leopard disk utils from FAT32 to FAT32 and OSX Extended (reformatt and partition)... simply so i can dump big files on it but still use it as a backup and share for Windows computers. OSX seems to dislike NTFS security structure in portable drives.

^^^ OK, I might have gotten carried away re the lost partition thing, turns out after tearing it open that it was only a 80GB drive to begin with (thinking it was 160GB), but the format over USB  thing still ain't working, and got the same issue on my colleague's PC at work, so maybe the USB controller in the external case has got issues. And come to think of it, I've not used USB with this drive some time so it could have been not working for ages. Anyway, I'll press on and see how I go.

I'm getting a 2.5" self-powered thing by the end of the week, I hear they're the shit.

How does $350 sound? Comes with all plugs (about 14) and shipped in original box with manual and Aussie power supply.

Glad to hear Exohex. Hope you got that dang f/wire lead. I sent it the next day (or day after).

Have a few more things on the way out:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140369268484&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

And soon to be listed include:

Technics PX222 Digital Piano

Have a WD 320Gb Paspport Drive left

A 120Gb SSD HD - for Mac. Launches everything fast - signficant perfomance boost

Wharfedale MovieStar 70+ surround speaker system. Sort of decent dinky monitors for a budget surround set up.

Open to offers.

Have decided to relieve myself of my Pro Tools stuff. I've retuned to Cubendo.

Digidesign Digi 003 Rack with Pro Tools LE 8.

MINT condition with original box, original documentation and 'Transfer of Ownership' form to be signed by me and sent in (fax or email) and also signed by the new owner. The new owner then becomes the legitimate Digidesign registered owner and will be fully eligable to all upgrade offers and can set up their new accounts and registrations with Digidesign. Further, peripheral software such as Ableton Live Lite, Reason Adapted Digidesign Edition and Melodyne Essential can also be transferred legitimately to new owner. Will discuss details if anyone wants the rig. Will consider offers.

I also have significant extras that I will likely be selling - such as the Complete Tool Kit, the full McDSP 'Everything Bundle' and all the Air Instruments. Will discuss further if anyone's interested. Again, offers will be considered.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0