Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adamwah

Ehsan at shorething

27 posts in this topic

Cunt. I'm not even going to be in Shitcunt for NYE so i canna buy me a ticket to go see.

Congrats to E though. Well deserved. Hopefully this is just the launch to more big gigs and some matching cash, aye!

Massive congrats ehsan! Thats huge. I'm sure you'll rip it up.

Almost bought tix to Shorething this year as well, bit bummed now that I changed my mind and bought for another event...

fuck yeah!

way to go - your sets have kept me company on my many drives to outer-buttfuck qld... always been a fan - don't sell out now, remember us little people!

fuck yeah, mad shit mate

^^^ And it's sounding supremely hot! Sydney won't know what to do with themselves with such fine tunage served up to 'em on a platter.

Ha! Thanks dudes, you're all too kind. Fuckin way pumped to crash my laptop in front of a crown like this!

Maybe you should buy a Mac for the occasion?

*Jester runs off sniggering*

You'll fuckin' kill it... and i recon you already have a backup plan in place to cover any possible crash. Like, you've learned to beatbox while hittin' the moog with your wang. Absolute show stopper.

Ha! Thanks dudes, you're all too kind. Fuckin way pumped to crash my laptop in front of a crown like this!

Just use CDs,

It's fair to say that the Sydneysiders won't know the difference behind their fake tans, designer Italian sunnies, Ed Hardy singlets...

...and neither will the girls.

:clap: congrats mate  ;)

Just use CDs,

A simple solution would be to run a second redundancy laptop with the same set, SMPTE'd to each other with a -2 frame offset on the slave machine and a 30 frame freewheel

For safety you could also run the MIDI interface off a splitter USB Y-lead that lets the I/F be shared between the two lappies, thus negating the need for two lots of knob boxes.

This ensures you'll never have a technical worry in the world :P

Haw haw haw! Now recruiting, one stage crew of 9. Experience necessary ;D

Thanks for the simplification tips RB! I'd only carry 1 bag of gear without you.

A simple solution would be to run a second redundancy laptop with the same set, SMPTE'd to each other with a -2 frame offset on the slave machine and a 30 frame freewheel

For safety you could also run the MIDI interface off a splitter USB Y-lead that lets the I/F be shared between the two lappies, thus negating the need for two lots of knob boxes.

Or, he could just hit the fuckin' Moog with his wang and watch the crowd go mental.

With huuuuuuuuuuge thanks to Rhythmboy & Dri....  :-*  :-*  :-*

I'm doing something wrong, they won't embed so there are the links.

Rocked it!!! And RB too! Sweet! :clap:

Would love to have some footage within the crowd for when the bass drops at the end of the first clip! How many people were there, do you know?

And so tell me, was that foldback monitoring big enough for your needs? It was a fully fledged doof system by itself! ;D

(PS. youtube embedding on the forum is out of action at the moment and currently being investigated).

With huuuuuuuuuuge thanks to Rhythmboy & Dri....  :-*  :-*  :-*

Aww 'twas a pleasure and loads of fun  :D

Man, what a whirlwind trip - into Sydney at 1.30pm, out of Sydney at 6.15 the next morning...  :dead:

Jester has put me on that same flight in worse shape tho ;)

Rocked it!!! And RB too! Sweet! :clap:

Would love to have some footage within the crowd for when the bass drops at the end of the first clip! How many people were there, do you know?

And so tell me, was that foldback monitoring big enough for your needs? It was a fully fledged doof system by itself! ;D

Cheers Spec  :D

Crowd capacity was around 15,000 - by the end of Ehsan's set he was playing to b/w 5,000 and 10,000 I'd estimate.

Foldback was awesome  :D - but jeez you needed it - the stage was set up about 10m in front of a big brick wall that created a distinct slap back reflecting from the flown arrays above - the angle of reflection was precisely back into the middle of the stage  :bang:

Even with the two stacks you could hear it...