Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daymares

Wise Fox - A Way Through This

5 posts in this topic

I have to say there are some amazing parts of this song (some of which I kind of wish you kept going with). But there are other parts that I felt where either not needed or could be changed.

First, the vocals at the beginning didn't sit that well with the rest of the song. I was hoping for a more modulated voice to kind of fit in with the heavily electro sound of the song. Secondly, the high pitched synth that gets introduced at around the 1:24 mark is just not good. It sounds off, I guess it could be used but it doesn't need to be in the song. After its gone the song is amazing. The vocals, synth, everything just sound so great.

That brings me to my final problem. You build the song up and up around the 2:25 mark and it sounds incredible. 2:55 till 3:10 is amazing (I was literally dancing in my seat) but it just stops abruptly. It left me kind of wishing it kept going so I keep jamming out to it.

Its a great song, yeah the lyrics are corny (most lyrics are for the most part) but they really do add a lot to the song. Great stuff dude.

Yeah... lyrics did give me diabetes haha. Well put together song, enjoyed it. I agree with random though, lose that high pitched synth and it could do with another drop at the end.

wow, this is awesome constructive feedback guys, especially rand0m, honestly i really appreciate it - am definitely going to tweak a few things based on this. will re-post the new version.

thanks again.

Go for broke mate - good on your for throwing it all together and getting your voice on it! Lyrics aside, there's a real deepish song in this. String hits make me balk a bit and the kick is a bit too deep I reakon.

Overall I like the style you've carved - kinda post new-wave. A bit cure meets foreigner as sung through the eyes of the electro generation. Make sure you refine it and chuck it up!