Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rand0m

Rand0m - Strings

5 posts in this topic

I'm not too sure about this track. Something very different than what I am used to. Was kind of in a downer mood this weekend and started messing around with some of the ableton sounds I never use. Not exactly sure about how the viola solo sounds, so the song is still very much a work in progress.

this is simply devine - beautiful progression, great atmosphere... viola solo is alright, might need a bit of verb or delay to sit it in there right, but i really really really like this (i've listened to it twice already now!)

the piano is fantastic, was that an ableton instrument?

i feel the mood you were in.

Thanks, does mean a lot to know someone enjoyed this song. This was one of the few songs that came kind of easy to me, even though it is so different and much slower than what I'm used to. I'm still messing around with the viola solo, its the only part of the song that I'm not a huge fan of.

The piano is the only non Ableton instrument. Its NI's Akoustik Piano (grand piano) which surprised me how good it sounded. Got it when I bought Komplete and never tried it until this weekend.

Great song mate, really enjoyed it. Now following you on SCloud.com, looking forward to hearing more of your stuff. :)

Hey mate liking the track too.

I think the problem with that viola solo isn't so much the mix, its that its very quantised and lacking in dynamics. The melodic idea is alright, its just how its played that is boring. Move some notes around so its more fluid and less robotic. Then get in there with some fine editing to the velocity, attack and portamento.

Nice atmosphere, would fit right into a movie soundtrack.