Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Julien.f

Jules David - Alive and, well...

7 posts in this topic

Title: Alive and, well...

Artist: Jules David

Description: Remains quite minimal for the beginning but gets a bit busier towards end of track. Contains me on vocals - which if you listen to around 2:30 you'll hear rather blatantly..contains various percussive builds but really goes for it toward the end, as mentioned..

Not sure if the mastering is up to par, but sounds ok to my ears. let me know if theres anything in that department needing le fix.

Stream / Download

[mp3=200,20,0,center]http://www.soundpunk.com/downloads/public/tunes_and_tracks/alive and, well....mp3[/mp3]

Awesome! It's good at the start then it changes and it's still good. I reckon some of the hats that come in are a bit loud and need a bit of verb. Some really cool sounds you got going here.

So are JulienF and TankF brothers from another mother, or what?! ;D

Yeah, nice work JulienF! Likin' this one a lot. Tidy and interesting percussion programming and general mood through the sustained ambience. These sorts of tracks really lock me into a time warp, I can just wallow in them for hours!

Just listening on headphones...

Not hearing any obvious hats jumping out, but I think the vocals (cool idea, by the way) need some tweaking to get 'em sitting into the mix better:

- Firstly, the levels waver a bit, so some (more?) compression to balance it out should help.

- What microphone? The lower-mids seem to be a touch too pronounced, so some EQ pulled back here could help aid with clarity.

- With the reverb, it's sounding quite wooly/muddy down low, some a high pass filter to pull the bass out of the reverb return should clean it up. And wondering if backing it off a little and introducing some (more?) delay might sound neater too.

What do you reckon?

Cheers for sharing. :)

Sounds great dude! What can I say? The fellas have dished the critique so I'll just leave it at that!

Yeah, nice work JulienF! Likin' this one a lot. Tidy and interesting percussion programming and general mood through the sustained ambience. These sorts of tracks really lock me into a time warp, I can just wallow in them for hours!

Thats the kinda thing i was going for ;D Glad it had that effect on you!

Not hearing any obvious hats jumping out, but I think the vocals (cool idea, by the way) need some tweaking to get 'em sitting into the mix better:

- Firstly, the levels waver a bit, so some (more?) compression to balance it out should help.

- What microphone? The lower-mids seem to be a touch too pronounced, so some EQ pulled back here could help aid with clarity.

- With the reverb, it's sounding quite wooly/muddy down low, some a high pass filter to pull the bass out of the reverb return should clean it up. And wondering if backing it off a little and introducing some (more?) delay might sound neater too.

Its not compressed, so im sure that makes a difference..aaaand the microphone im using is, well, that little hole on my laptop =P I didnt get around to EQing things properly yet. Was actually thinking of adding more delay as well..

But thanks, for that insight, will take it all into consideration. Very glad ya'll like the overall manner of this track :) Its the reason i do this stuff for!

Cheers.

did you record yourself yawning?

rad!

there's a lot of mid-to-low end info that could probably come down a bit to bring the highs out a little more... that snare could use some hi-pass to bring it into the mix a little better without adding to the confusion in the mid range. Keep at it man, it's certainly different!

actually, i get a waking zombie kinda vibe from it...