Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dirt_Rock

File manager How does It work?

2 posts in this topic

Please Help

I have uploaded a couple of tracks in the file manager section so I can direct a couple of interested people to my tracks to download. but I cant seem to get them to play. All that happens is a short snippet of sound and the track is finished. How do I get it to work? It says transferring data from soundpunk.com but never seems to do anything.

am i just being a tard or what is happening?

Thanks

Is the problem happening when streaming or after downloading?

If you are uploading files and sending links for others to download it, you can upload literally any file type. They simply have to download the whole thing before they can use it. If they are doing this but the audio still doesn't play I suspect corrupt audio files.

If you are trying to embed audio into a post so they can hear it in real-time from soundpunk then it must be a regular mp3. It can be a variety of bit rates (I've tried 128, 192 and 320, they all work here for me). Don't use Variable bit rate, make sure it's fixed.

If you are doing mp3's as above, then again I'd go back and check the original files.

Also it really helps if there are no spaces in the file name - use underscore (_) to separate words. But this would result in no playback at all usually...

Can you try posting an example here? Or is there a thread with it already? Try both embedding the mp3 in a player and attaching one to the bottom of the post. That way I can test it, have a look in your post and see if it's a posting/formatting issue.