Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ehsan

ehsan gelsi - smash everything - Sept'08

15 posts in this topic

From summer soaked acid moments to those times at the end of the runway. Roughly an hour of spankin new, all original choons to take you through the full gamut of emotion.

ehsan gelsi - smash everything - Sept'08

neo_ruins_3.jpg

[mp3=400,30,0,center]http://www.soundpunk.com/downloads/public/sets_and_mixes/ehsangelsi_smasheverything_2008.mp3[/mp3]

Fark, this is a great little set - I'm a huge fan of the track at around the 17-minute mark (I recognise it, but my trainspotting skills are failing me) and the last track is gorgeous as well. Overall, more melodic than I was expecting - love it! (and I dig that little delay sound at the very end...)

Is it done with live synths etc., or a mix of tracks? (or somewhere in between...)

Thanks dude! Yeah it's a kinda live recorded ableton mix with 303 running alongside. Glad you liked some of the tunes! There is a bit of melody innit, hope it's not too cheesy!!! Hope you fellas enjoy it cos I had great fun making it!

been listening to it heaps, sorta makes me want to sell all my shit and move on. wouldn't generally associate this word with you mate but it's 'beautiful'. ok ok i would. sigh.

we're not worthy!!

this is tops... tho to be honest, a lot of these choons are already on weekly duties at the club i play at.

Good to hear em all in a row :)

had this on a couple of times over the weekend, perfect sunday arvo listening

love the track that sounds like someone is using an electric planer

;D Thanks dude - would love to know which track you mean though? Seeing as my naming conventions are.. well... unconventional (or is that non-existent) you may have just named one of my tracks!

Just got around to listening to this now. 15 minutes in and I'm loving it. Beautifully layered. Digging the acid, of course :D Also I really love the way the set progresses a lot like a DJ set.

Great work, san!

EDIT: Half an hour in and it's all getting a bit trippy  ??? ??? ??? :-* K-Hole anyone?

This is awesome. Been going nuts playing the new drum I got for my birthday along with it, mad fun.

The mix is beautiful (like all your other stuff I've heard). The grooves have me locked, bouncing round the room. Fucking nice work.