Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sid

Noob guide to recording and production

6 posts in this topic

hey,

Was down at the news agency about a week ago and saw a copy of the 'Guerrilla Guide' after a quick flick through thought I'd get it for on the train and such. I've been reading it in the odd spare moment for the last week and I'd say so far that it's pretty good. It takes a 'lets get you started' approach to producing music and goes into pretty good detail. As I'm in my final year of a music tech degree I didn't find that much new stuff for me but found my self thinking that if I had bought this baby when I started I could have saved a lot of time. Everything is there together that you want to know when you're starting out. It won't win any lasting kudos for being the reference text for any particular subject but it's a really good, unbiased general introduction. And at $20 it's entertaining and well made, great value. Audio Technology readers will see obvious layout simillarities and also similiar authors. I guess it's another sign of the music industry here in Australia if you make something good and price it well people will buy it.

Cool. What's the full title? Guessing 'Guerrilla Guide to Recording and Production" or something???

And agreed, much kudos must go to Audio Technology for being the best read every month (or is that two?).

Been checking ssome book store around here in canada, no sign of it. Where would one find the wonderful reading material?

My google won't work the past few days either, it just freezes. If possible, does any one know if i can get that guide here one way or the other? always looking for something to pas the time and ya never know where your gonna learn a new trick or two.