Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adamwah

Destroy Disco - ....

4 posts in this topic

Enormous! Great distortion sounds in there. I'd go with the sharp EQ cut on the bass and the tasty rising chord you've got in there to really get them full of character and hone in on the exact moment they all gel perfectly. It's the oldest trick in the book but a real goody - sharp single band EQ cut about 4-6dB even up to 10-20 or more sometimes, and sweep the mid range slowly and you'll nail a frequency that scoops it just so right you'll poo a little. Excellent groove and the percussion sounds are perfectly tuned and placed. Simple but still full of flavour! I'd go so far however to say that the rave chord sound you've got going on is a tad generic for my tastes - get something into it to challenge the straight up 7th you've got - it sounds real dry Nord Lead to me - dial in some ring mod or summin - but then again it'll take a fair hit on the 'mainstream' factor if you go too weird with it. Really dig the way you reintroduce your groove with that middle 8 section and the crescenoing bass. Great work man it's right in the fidget-rave hole - you've nailed it nicely. Personally I'd like to hear just a couple of stylistic rules bent a bit to make it more your own but then I've never been able to make music that sits comfortably in a genre so I do tend to project that onto other people! ;D

And of course full points for slipping old faithful in there!  :clap:

5rIb1-EEWt0

quality review. i dont mind going against the mainstream, but only so far. ill take your much appreciated comments and see what i can do with this baby.

yes i listened to your track bomber run and i must say it doesnt really fit in a particular genre but it was fucking sweet!!

thanks for the comments

anyone else?