Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pan_down

Remote Zero Midi Ports

2 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I used up the last of my midi ports the other day, so couldn't midi up my mpx-550  :( :( :(

...then in a flash of inspiration had a look at the back of the remote zero and ta-daahh - more ports  :D :D :D

connected midi out on the sl to midi in on the mpx [i expected the zero would send a midi clock] but on the panel a midi symbol comes up and sets the mpx mode to bypass while its plugged in  :'( :'( :'(

went into global page, set midi clock to auto, midi clock out to m1 + m2, usb 1 + 2 to m1 + m2  - no dice.

tried using it to send clock to a different device, no luck there either.

has anyone here had experience chaining a synth or fx unit off the zero? basically i want to be able to send and receive automation data from logic, but if its a huge pain in the balls through these units I'll just invest in another usb-midi adapter...

Not off the zero, but off the 25SL compact with no issues. I can't imagine it would be any different. Have you told your sequencer program to send sync out of that port? I know you need to do that in both Logic and Live before it will work.