Vagrant Producer

What are you playing?

43 posts in this topic

Alright time for a gear check post - what have ya got I will start:

Basses: Music Man Sterling 4 String  :-*, Yamaha RBX650 4 String

Guitars: Vantage 6 String (I think is some cheapo japanese brand), crappy nylon accoustic, my mates samick

Amps: Eden 330, Hartke HA7000, Marshall Bass combo

Speakers: Hartke XL Quad

Effects: Big Muff (russian stylee), Big Muff (american stylee), Big Muff (Home job stylee) - I love the muff!!, Boss Syb3 synth peda(ok sounds - fucked tracking!!), double delay, Cry Baby Bass wah, chorus pedal, guitar rig 3 (sans controller), korg tuner pedal, alesis 3630 compressor.

Nice juan mate...

Guitar: 1974 American Fender Strat - original spec

Amp: 1968 Fender Vibrolux - 40w of unbridled tube awesageness... Original spec/tubes, new Jensen's

Effects: Fulltone - OD2, and Clyde Wah. Artec Analog delay

Guitars:  Warmoth Custom Strat

Amps:  Reynolds JFR 25

Speakers: Celestion V30

Effects:  OD3, DD3. I have an RC boster, BB pre and an Uncle Ernies delay on the way. Soon all to be connected with Neutrik plugs via Canare GS-4 patch and GS-6 instrument cable.

Guitars = Martin Acoustic

Crappy Ibanez Acoustic

Les Paul Custom in silver burst

Bass =    Music man Stingray

Ibanez SDGR 6 string

Ephiphone Acoustic Bass

AMP = Pevey IV

Combo = Pevey 50

A Little Marshall to play around on

Effects = A bunch of boss pedals and a jim dunlop wah pedal

still getting there i love the guitars

keep rocking

will

Guitars : Gibson Explorer Pro & ES 295, DanElectro Pro _

Amp : Hughes & Krettner Attax 40 & 100

Basses : Gison Thunderbird & Hohner B2A

Effects : Adrenalinn III & Tube Toner ENGL, Roland VG_88

epiphone_the_dot_vs_egitarre_pimx_163230.jpg

Epiphone Dot Deluxe 335.

Amp - Fender Deluxe

Acoustic - Cort MR710F (run though FX)

FX - Boss GT6(love the stereo delay!), Boss Digital Delay DD-3, Marshall Guv-nor GV-2, Zoom 505II.

Bass - Ibanez SDGR 4 string.

i just bought a fender squire strat for my wife she's learning and i might happen to plug it into my computer and fire it through some ohmboys plugs for some bent fucking sustained soundscapes

Effects: Big Muff (russian stylee), Big Muff (american stylee), Big Muff (Home job stylee) - I love the muff!!,

;D I have a Big Muff too!

I use a Music Man S.U.B. bass guitar

music-man-sub-active-bass-graphite.jpg

through a

big_0005-abbd7ca20145a84ec8a19bfcd2a2e05a.jpg

and a

Bossdm2a.jpg

into a

Maggi%20Warwick%20Bass%20Amp.jpg

Sounds pretty beefy with the band and gets quite phat when I kick in the Big Muff!  :cans:

Cool nice rig Patti! How often do you use the delay with the bass?

I only use the delay in one of our songs at the moment. I use it with the big muff and its creates a cool distorted swirling kind of droning sound.  8)

I only use the delay in one of our songs at the moment. I use it with the big muff and its creates a cool distorted swirling kind of droning sound.  8)

Dont EVER sell it either - that thing will pay for your retirement!

What ive got at the moment:

Cole Clark Fat Lady 1 12 String

Cole_Clark_FL1A-12.jpg

Cole Clark Lap Dog Horseshoe

LapDogHorseSide.jpg

Fender FR - 50 Square Neck Resonator

0955002032.gif

I'm swinging a Gibson LP Junior with an extra P90 in the neck at the moment. My fave guitar was the SG classic which had the P90s as well, and the lesser sustain and weight without the carved top - so this is much the same but smaller, with the baseball bat neck and with less pointy bits to impale myself on in 'those' moments. ;D Overall, a really nice and nimble little axe. Plus the vintage white looks really nice.

25567412549044922768504.jpg

Guitars: - Caparison Horus (Yellow Sand), Taylor 414ce Acoustic, Jackson DK2, Peavey Wolfgang, Ibanez s series 7 string (got a Caparison 7 string Dellinger on the way from Japan)

Amps: Laney TT100H head, Laney VC50 combo, Marshall 1960A cab

Also, got a bunch of stomp boxes and effects, as i'm sure everyone else does. :)

Apart from that, that's all i need! 8)

I haven't got a guitar (other than the guitar hero controller! haha) but I do have:

Flute: Buffet

Alto Saxophone: Fontaine (pretty much the worst cheapo brand out there!! :) Ah well, I know now.

Clarinet: Ashton (second hand)

and finally

upright piano: Alex Steinbach :) an absolutely beutiful instrument, though it doesn't compare to a Yamaha upright

I'm looking to buy a new Flute soon. I wish the flute i have now wasn't my first one. It's a good brand, but my inexperiance in my earlier years has made it conk out sooner than it should have :)

Piano: Can't remember the name but it was made in Germany in the 1780's

Violin: 2004 Ragetti Handmade by C.S Kun (WITH PICK-UP)

http://www.whitehorsemusic.com.au/UserFiles/1121-Files/Image/RaggettiRV5back.jpg

Aotik Handmade. Absolutly fabulous instrument.

http://www.whitehorsemusic.com.au/pictures/1121/4/442284-1.jpg

Antonius Stadivarus Replica Made in 1713.

Amps: I don't know much about it , I use it with my Ragetti and guitar

Guitar: Washburn Acoustic/Electric D10SCE

hey

i play a really basic legend acoustic gutiar ive been playing for about a year and half and im looking for a new electric/acoustic and im wodering what you all would recommend for performance based stuff.

also a mate of mine got drunk and smashed my electric gutair, i was angry but then thanked him i needed a new one what would you all recommend

cheers

Hi Darcy,

My first guitar was a Takamine Jasmine electric/acoustic.  It was a while back, but I really loved that guitar, and looking online now - it's not an expensive guitar.

Currnetly, I'm playing my late 70's Dean Flying V.  I got it for a scandalously good deal from a friend who'd given up rocking and devoted himself to Jazz.  He'd done a lot of modifications to it - including a dubious choice to hollow out part of the body to accommodate a tremolo system.  Aside from that sad fact, it's a beautiful beat up guitar.

I play it through a Crate VTX 350h into a Bag End 2x12 cabinet.  Contrary to common wisdom, that head has gorgeous and responsive clean tones, and the drive channels are creamy and scorchy as I need them.  As I've moved away from playing more traditional rock and metal, and towards more atmospheric and dynamic post-rock/post-metal stuff, it's really been there for my changing needs.

Guitars:

I have a samick 12-string acoustic (pretty rough, but not too bad a sound), a 'tempo' electric guitar (from like the 70's or something ... isnt really that good of a guitar, just bought if for a project), an ashton electric (has a great sound to it for a cheaper guitar, gets the job done), a yamaha nylon string acoustic (missing a peg, so its really only a 5-string at the moment), an old nylon string acoustic (not sure of the maker, but it was my grandfathers/great-grandfathers), and a washburn acoustic electric (I love the sound this guitar makes, and it wasnt too expensive). My dad has a Takamine electric/acoustic too, and it is a great sounding guitar!

Keyboards:

I have a Kawaii, and a Yamaha. Both are reliable keyboards, and get the job done.

Amp:

I have only got the ashton amp that can with my ashton electric, and for a small amp, it puts out a really good sound!

Violins:

Not sure who the maker of either of the violins are, but one was my great-grandmothers violin, and it is absolutely beautiful.

Saxophone:

Again, I do not know the maker of the saxophone, but apart from missing one of the pearl key inserts, it is in immaculate condition.

Clarinet:

I have just recently been given an Artley clarinet to do up as a project too. This clarinet was very badly water damaged, and the corks crumbled off at the softest of touches, but since then it has been re-corked, and is now in a very playable condition.

Trumpet:

My dad bought a Yamaha trumpet from cash converters for $50, and has fixed it up to being playable too.

That's about it for instruments that I have (and a little about what my dad has got too) but there are also the instruments that my sisters have that I didn't mention here!

totoro75 and stacy147 thanks

it sounds like this takamine might be somthing to look into thanks heaps, now i just need money