Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anders

Transfuser - New RTAS instrument from AIR

11 posts in this topic

Digidesign have just released a 'preview' of their new instrument Transfuser. I haven't played with it much yet but it looks really cool. Its free for 90 days (you need to have an iLok) so check it out at www.digidesign.com/transfuserpreview

There are videos on this page to, click on 'SEE' in the top right of the page.

transfuser_drums-large.jpg

Hehe... nice one, beat me to it. Just saw this yesterday. I'm not so much a loop person, but enjoy the odd rhythm mangle in Synchronic, so thinking this will compliment it nicely. Cheers. :)

yes same, I can't stand loop machines but I like that you can put a live input or vocal, synth, guitar, anything through it and mangle the hell out of it!

I think the figet (am I allowed to say that in here?) kids would love it!

So on the face of it could this replace Recycle (at least to some extent)? Not nec to make REX's but to slice n dice the loops at least...

I could like this very much - will try him out  :)

Yeah, looks very Recycle, especially with the way it can map each sound within the loop to different MIDI notes,  but especially like the potential in vox mangling (as per demo videos), plenty of MIDI controller, er, control, and the drag'n'drop right out of the session into it.

Figet Kids? Of the Fidget House ilk? Hmmm....

Yeah, looks very Recycle, especially with the way it can map each sound within the loop to different MIDI notes,  but especially like the potential in vox mangling (as per demo videos), plenty of MIDI controller, er, control, and the drag'n'drop right out of the session into it.

Cool. MIDI note assign plus drag n drop means who needs Recycle hey! And with elastic audio now who needs Ablteronz :)

So now we are about a year on from the release. Has anyone learned to make use of Transfuser? How are you using it? I fall further in love with this each time I find a new use so it would be cool to share those uses here.

Personally I am using it for my DJ/Live gigs where I am inserting my MBox 2 Mini with Transfuser in a session as an effect via send/return on a DJ mixer. I have the "audio thru" module on Transfuser with effects like beat cutter, filter, delay, reverb etc on the bus mapped to knobs and faders on my Trigger Finger. I also have samplers setup in the plug-in for samples and loops, nothing too over the top, mainly just processed vocals to add texture to the mix when its needed and to keep those 6 minute techno tracks "clubbable". Plus some white noise and synth sounds with filters also mapped to the Trigger Finger. I'll have to take some pics at the next gig to show how im using it. Here is a vid of us bashing away at it.

1HM7lnSsdgc

I have also just started using it as a drum machine for production and am pleasantly surprised at the quality of the built in samples. Generally I pick a kit with some sounds I like then replace certain sound with others from loops if I think I need it. I think I fell in love with this as a drum machine the moment I saw you can output each pad onto discrete busses within Pro Tools! Case closed...

Anyway, I hope this inspires you Transfuser users out there a little and I would love you to do the same!

How do you use it???

:clap: Supremo energy there, mate! Nice work! And bonus points for using it in a live setting! :)

Personally, I've yet to even boot up the demo, so no thoughts from me yet.

I took this to a gig on the weekend but they didn't have a mixer with send/return so I just had to use it as a straight sampler, didn't bother taking photos. We did however take the time to write a track in the hotel room with this baby the day after the gig. All the drums (crashes excepted) are coming from Transfuser now. Having done that, the drums are already set for live performance down the track  :cans:

I feel a new "Tips and Tricks" article coming on...