Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Donnie Darko

Signature editing features pls ?

7 posts in this topic

something like the advanced posting toolbar would be awesome

toolqq4.png

what say ye, almighty cheyne of punk ?

Well , thats the thing ..    although technically most of the BB codes are available via the signatures ,  I dont want to broadcast it with a full BB code editor ...  Theres nothing more annoying than people with massive flashing colourful signatures that post 4 or 5 times on a page ,  and its needless markup that chews up page space and deters from the actual content of the post..

Most forums wont allow images , or HTML markup in the sigs , and for good reason ...    on KVR if you post an image that has more than 1 frame in it ,  you get banned ...    ITM dosnt allow images at all ..

We allow them , but i dont want to go nuts and offer a full interface for designing a repetetive eye saw for all your posts ..      Just keep it clean and slick ,  I wont block it and cut you down to text only ,  but im also not really going to show you a bunch of tools to make it big and loud ..

If you really must , just use the post forum and generate your  BB code , then paste it ...  but keep it simple .

Sorry mate ..  By the looks of your past signatures you don’t need any interface anyway .

Im trying to keep the place looking as clean as possible .. especially with the new designs im toying with for  SP2.0

okay, next request

can we make the characters in the sig that are code not count ?

i.e. on itm.. (lol) the max characters is 300 yet im running 782

because most of the letters are within code brackets :

ZACISLOST_FFFFOUND_LASTFM_YOUTUBE_FLICKR_SOUNDPUNK_

and its a simple non-obtrusive sig, observe :

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=391497304&postcount=77

what think ye ?

Ok . its done ,  although if I see people starting to post  1000 word signatures,  ill be switching it back on ..