Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neo

Question re: posting links to tutes

5 posts in this topic

Is it more appropriate to post links for specific applications (such as Logic) into the forum allocated to it (in this case, Apple Apps), or into the tutorials forum?

Hi mate,

If it's application specific, then I'd say, drop it into that particular application's specific forum. It should then drive more discussion there too.

My thought is the Tutorials forum is reserved for non-DAW (or synth) specific stuff, such as, "side-chaining a compressor" or "tweaking a subtractive synth".

Having said that, looking at the Tutorials forum, and I see "Cubase 4 Tips and Tricks eBook" which could also appear in the Cubase forum. RB and I whipped up a handful of tutorials specifically to put in the Pro Tools section, with just a link from the Tutorials forum.

Hmmm... I see your conundrum. Let's see what the others think. :)

I say put app-specific tips n tricks and 'how to' tutorials in the application's section, as they are only of interest to people using it.

Whole books and articles  should go in tutes & arts - it's more a library than an area for discussion - download, read and get to work :)

If in doubt, post anything app-specific, big or small, in the app's own forum. If I find any article of greater potential interest to the wider group I'll move it, or add it as a link to my tutes & articles archives stickied over there. Happy to monitor this.

A loose protocol could be like we did for Pro Tools - start a thread with "Tips & Tricks: blah blah..."

EDIT: reminds me - archive needs updating - off now ;)

Spec and RB are right application specific articles should should in the apps forum ..

Although say if you had a book on production , but they tended to refer to cubase a lot , id still put that in the Tutorials & Articles forum