Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Donnie Darko

Thread for ANT (R.I.P.)

20 posts in this topic

Trust a cat to blow away a myth like that.

We love cats - the gatekeeprz of truth on the internetz  :-*

lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

Denon's Ultra Premium Ethernet Cable Costs US$8.47 For Every Inch

denonpremium.jpg

"Denon is selling the AK-DL1 cable to link up your Denon-link audio components, and apparently it's able to "bring out all the nuances in digital audio reproduction." How does it achieve this magic? By having "high purity copper wire and high performance connection parts" plus a woven jacket to "reduce vibration." Vibration? M'kay... Best of all, if you're a complete and utter sucker audio enthusiast, this 59-inch Ethernet cable will cost you just US$500."

lolwut

Denon's Ultra Premium Ethernet Cable Costs US$8.47 For Every Inch

denonpremium.jpg

"Denon is selling the AK-DL1 cable to link up your Denon-link audio components, and apparently it's able to "bring out all the nuances in digital audio reproduction." How does it achieve this magic? By having "high purity copper wire and high performance connection parts" plus a woven jacket to "reduce vibration." Vibration? M'kay... Best of all, if you're a complete and utter sucker audio enthusiast, this 59-inch Ethernet cable will cost you just US$500."

lolwut

LOL!!!!!!!! It gives you a pure digital signal, the straightest ones and roundest zeroes possible!!

People are stupid.

Furutech Powerflux $1,800 Power Cord

piezo-power-flux-ps-950-18-b1.jpg

The Furutech Powerflux “may be the most sophisticated power cord and connectors in the world.” Their words, not mine. What’s so great about it that justifies the pricetag that’s alarmingly close to two grand? I’m not sure I can answer that question, but here’s what Furutech has to say:

"Powerflux conductors are 68-strand α (Alpha) OCC twisted around μ–conductor strands with a special-grade PE insulation or dielectric. (Alpha conductors are fine OCC wire treated with Furutech’s Alpha Cryogenic and Demagnetizing process.) The dielectric is surrounded by an inner sheath of RoHS-compliant PVC incorporating carbon powder that enhances damping, and that in turn is covered by a full α (Alpha) conductor wire braid shield. Another flexible PVC outer sheath and a Nylon braid jacket finish the job.

The extraordinary FI-50 series connectors are a result of the meticulous way that Furutech engineers examine and improve each and every element of signal transfer using breakthrough technologies to reach their Pure Transmission Technology goal.

Furutech’s beautifully-finished FI-50® IEC and FI-50M® Piezo Ceramic series connector housings are made of multiple layers of carbon fiber in a damping and insulating acetal copolymer, surrounded by nonmagnetic stainless steel bands. The connector bodies combine two “active” materials: Nano-sized ceramic particles and powdered carbon. Nylon and fiberglass are incorporated as well forming an extremely effective, mechanically and electrically nonresonant connector body that may just be the most sophisticated in the world."

Oh, now it all makes sense… It’s the cryogenic dielectric piezo nano ceramic acetal nonresonant copolymer! That’s where my money is going! Totally worth it, I’d say.

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2008/09/25/furutech-powerflux-1800-power-cord/

Oh fuck that's funny!!! ;D

Of COURSE!!!!!!! It's the cryogenic dielectric piezo nano ceramic acetal nonresonant copolymer!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Furutech Powerflux $1,800 Power Cord

Furutech?

FU rutech?

FU ROOT tech?

I smell a rat...or mere coincidence?  :P

;D RB - Conspiracy theorist and owner of the ultimate tin foil hat and spy proof power cables.

;D RB - Conspiracy theorist and owner of the ultimate tin foil hat and spy proof power cables.

RB dials in for his nightly illuminati conference call...

tinfoil_hat.jpg

ant represents a paradox/type of person in the world of tech, this thread serves merely as a helpful reminder as to how hilarious these people are ;D

Hang on - to be fair, Ant was one of the people supporting the claim the cables were overpriced. He didn't want to back up some of the claims he made regarding lower tech cable... but i don't think the dude is in tin foil hat territory.

Hang on - to be fair, Ant was one of the people supporting the claim the cables were overpriced. He didn't want to back up some of the claims he made regarding lower tech cable... but i don't think the dude is in tin foil hat territory.

Indeed - in fact I suspect Donnie himself wears the foil - he'd be a likely candidate :P

just to get  back on topic (well kinda)...

id be thinking you would be far better off buying a power conditioner than stupidly pricey IEC cables. cos lets face it a 1m long power lead aint going to fuck your signal, where filthy power can do.

but hey, lets face it. its usually really stupid rich people who buy this shit, so should we really care?

We should care. If these stupid rich people stop spending casholla on this nonsense - how are we going to fund the Mk2 SP upgrade?

This IS important shit!