Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cunty-man

Analog vs Digital

19 posts in this topic

Hi everyone thanks so much for your helpful responses from my last post.

I have recently become involved in an argument with a gentleman about the preffered methods of analog and digital recordings. He took such a strong stance against digital that I have decided to take some physical action.

I have noticed over my years of engineering that a sharp electric shock can be transferred from a microphone to the lips when singing. Is there anyway to intensify this occurance so that an event of accidental death would present at a gig, appearing as a tragic mistake.

As I am a savvy investor and am always thinking of the future consequences I have been looking into a desk that holds the Digidesign Control 24 desk as so that I could hide for the next few months. Alternatively, how long do you think a hypothetical person could survive in a traps case?

Any ideas on the best way to succed in my endevours?

Thanks anyway for your time,

Cunty-man.

Ps. Jester Fu is a CUNT! :eatadick:

Ps. Jester Fu is a CUNT! :eatadick:

Mah... you don't get forum points for stating the obvious, MK?

Yes, there is a way to intesify the spike from the microphone that will significantly increase the chances of death. I would suggest this works best with condensors, so if your subject prefers to the use of a 'classic' SM58 for that real Rock Ignoramace sound, i'd suggest swaping the head on a Beta58 to an SM58 head and the subject will be none the wiser. Once you have them using the phantom powered mic, it's time to implement my patanted "phantom death". For $9.95 i'll send you directions specific to your mixing desk on how to wire up 240V (without a fuse rail or RCD) down the phantom power supply on just one channel of the desk AND make it look like a design fault or malfunction with the desk. This way, if some clever nugget does figure out that there was 204V coming down the phantom line, it'll look like a pure accident and you'll walk away clear. Your only real responability will be to ensure there's a large amount of water on the stage with a decent earth parth right where the subject will stand...

$9.95 - available for immediate shipping! PayPoal opr money order to JFI for immediate satisfaction :pissingmonkey: (seal of JFI approval)

Re: surviving in the traps case... i've heard rumours that you're already on an "eat my own piss and shit" diet, so the only real concern is how much air is in their. Now... this is also just speculation based on a rumour i've heard... but there's some info circulating that you make be a snake. I've heard that snakes can survive for weeks under water as they hybernate when they're cold. Perhaps the best option in your endevours is to fill the case with ice cold water BEFORE you seel yourself inside  :cans:

all i want to know is - will it work on cockrocker wannabe's (jet, wolfmother etc) if yes I will have ten please

If it has the :pissingmonkey: seel of approval... then it ALWAYS works no matter who you apply it too :o

I spelz it howz i seez it. In the rock world... theyz so ignorant you need to mace them to get anything done - hence ignoramace.

I was hoping this would be another chance for all out biff action... but alas it's not and i've be disappoint.

So, anyway - analogue is better because it has infinite bandwidth... it's only limited by the medium ;D

So, anyway - analogue is better because it has infinite bandwidth... it's only limited by the medium ;D

damn you patricia arquette!!

0000038249_20070306151405.jpg

She's dated a bit now... but her titties looked great in Lost Highway. Like, i'm a fan of nipple action any time, but PA just has a very fine set of boobs  :clap:

Yeah she's getting on but she still way hotter than her sister (Patricia, the girl with "all the shit in her face" from Pulp Fiction) *shudder*

In response to your idea of electrocution via the microphone, it's possible. Leslie Harvey (Stone The Crows) was electrocuted live on stage buy a faulty mic. Or atleast the mic got the blame, I know of a situation where a Pastor in a church was electrocuted when he touched a mic while standing in a baptising pool. A lot of people freaked out and I have a funny feeling a law was passed (in US) that only wireless mics can be used in baptising pools. Funny thing is (well not really) it wasn't the mic at all but the heating elements in the pool. The heating elements were faulty and sending a charge through the water, when he touched the mic the charge earthed out through the properly earthed mic - electrocuting him.

So Cunty - if you end up working with any sort of pool of water on stage remember - go wireless

and if you see a techy or muso cutting a ground pin off something give him a pleasant headbutt from me

or if you're a saftey freak like I am  :-[ test and tag all the equipment once a month.

Scary thought,

But on a lighter side...

UR_5XQ_TJTg

Well... i was avoiding reading that thread but i've gone and posted there now. Thanks Spectrum - now we get to see another fight on ITM MP&T about grounding issues ;D

I know of a situation where a Pastor in a church was electrocuted when he touched a mic while standing in a baptising pool.

Wouldn't be the first pastor to have been struck down by a bolt of lightning for touching things he shouldn't either.

:D

Well... i was avoiding reading that thread but i've gone and posted there now. Thanks Spectrum - now we get to see another fight on ITM MP&T about grounding issues ;D

;)

Had a thought though.... would there be much difference between the Behringer 'hum destroyer' and the Jaycar isolation transformer? Would they not both be essentially the same, sans the fancy case?

Yeah, they are essentially the same concept just one is slightly better tuned and using - dare i say it - better quality components than the other. This time in favour of Deadringer... The jaycar solution is unbalanced are really designed for car audio use. My experience with the products suggests higher attenuation using the jaycar type product and more loss in the HF. In a car - it's no significant. Studio/nightclub? I recon you'd notice it.