Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jax

My New Soft synth wont work? Please help

8 posts in this topic

Hey punks was hoping anyone out there could help me with a tech problem. I am a logic 8 user and have just purchased the minimonsta. I initially installed as a vst, then au but the synth did not come up on my input list. The synth works fine as standalone (great synth by the way). I am a bit lost lost when it comes to vst, au etc. I understand that vst is a standard for connecting the synth but is this even the problem?  If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

Logic 8 doesn't recognise VST, only AU. (VST is proprietary Cubase format so Logic doesn't want to know it) your AU synths are accessed in almost exactly the same way on the channel strip, just instead of selecting Logic synths, go down to the AU arrow and see what pops up.

you can see all your installed AU plugins with the AU manager. you can select from the (I think) File Menu > Quit Logic and Launch AU Manager (It would have inspected the plugin the first time Logic booted after you installed it) and you can see if it's recognising the Minimonsta and whether it's enabling it for use.

If it's not a Universal Binary plugin, and you're using an Intel Mac, it won't be usable by Logic. If that's the case check the plugin site for an update (and cross your fingers)!

Hope that helps ;)

we bought that g force collection a couple of months ago but it didnt come with a UB version. Installs ok but you can't see it in Logic. Just go t their site and download the latest version and you should be right to go.

Do most VSTi plugins for Mac also come with an AU version? Or are all these pro-producer-types on Logic just not using the same plugins as the Cubase/Ableton/etc people?

If it's available for Mac, most likely it has an AU also. If not, you can buy the FXpansion VST to AU converter.

That won't help for all those tasty PC-only goodies that we miss out on.

If it's available for Mac, most likely it has an AU also. If not, you can buy the FXpansion VST to AU converter.

That won't help for all those tasty PC-only goodies that we miss out on.

Indeed!

I've found that just about all commercial product has an AU version. It's all those cool share/freewares that enthusiasts make where Mac users miss out sometimes :)