Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spectrum

Novation Nocturn

11 posts in this topic

506.jpg

http://www.novationmusic.com/news/nocturn_compact_intelligent_plugin_controller_features_sos_namm_movie/

Z9B7oPhy20w

While crossfaders are bit naff in a production-inspired DJ environment, it's a neat controller and I'm liking the LED-ring'ed rotary encoders.

What caught my eye is the 'heads-up transparent control GUI' laid over a sexy DAW...

508.jpg

...which looks like some sort of integrated realtime editor that functions in conjunction with the sequencer.

And better still, the same functionality is being added to the ReMOTE series soon. And I'm hoping for a better HUI implementation while they're at it. Let's see what happens

Thoughts?

crossfaders still come in pretty handy i imagine - the only thing is MIDI generally lags too much for lightning quick cuts (and that fader looks pretty flimsy) but for production (Live has an assignable crossfader in the mixer) it could still be great for people who like to flit between ideas using a horizontal fader rather than a vertical one ;)

crossfaders still come in pretty handy i imagine - the only thing is MIDI generally lags too much for lightning quick cuts (and that fader looks pretty flimsy) but for production (Live has an assignable crossfader in the mixer) it could still be great for people who like to flit between ideas using a horizontal fader rather than a vertical one ;)

Fair point, and keeping the DJ theme, there's a "3-band EQ plus FX send" type arrangement going on there too.

And as you say, morphing between ideas works well on the horizontal.

the speed dial would be a great production tool as well, just mouse over the parameter and instead of adjusting with click and drag you just tweak the knob - sweet.