Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rhythmboy

Guitars forum?

26 posts in this topic

Hey all, had a few requests, recently woot? wondering where to post guitar-oriented threads.

For now I'm directing to Production, Engineering and Theory.

But is there interest in having a dedicated Guitars forum, say in the Hardware section? We'd have to ask Cheyne very nicely, and it may depend on interest. No point making a forum no-one uses*

So shredders, if you want your own guitars thread, speak up now or don't complain! ;)

I vote for one forum only, where axes, amps, fx and accessories are all together.

* As a benchmark, look at the mics thread - gets very little use comparatively - would guitars get more action?

+1 for a general anything to do with g-tar. Gtars, amps, effects, acoustic, banjo, mandolin, sitar etc etc

I wanna lay a "show us yr g-tar tone" on all you cunty sound types

Im happy to create a guitars forum ,  Im a player my self so it would apply to me aswell,  I just didn’t think anyone else played guitar on here.

First things first though ,  I want a moderator for the forum, and iv given this speech 100 times before, but moderators are a bit different on SP,  I want them to more or less keep the forum updated and clean , fix up posts , format ugly threads etc , and stick up content they think is cool ,so its not just a policing job ..  Its basically your forum ,  so just keep it presentable , and looking attractive to new guests who are see’ing the site for the first time.  if you need tips on this ,  RB and Spectrum are the kings of content , im sure they can offer some advice, as can myself.

So if your up for moderating a new  “all things guitars” forum , then let me know ,  and if you have any specific reason why you should be the moderator , ie “iv played in a punk band for 15 years “  or  “iv been a guitar tech at allans for 5 years” or just simply "im an axe man from way back" then please let me know that aswell.

^I'll second that motion, and add that instead of calling it "Geetahs and Dumbs" we should call it "Real Musical Instruments" to ensure the right balance of biff.

^I'll second that motion, and add that instead of calling it "Geetahs and Dumbs" we should call it "Real Musical Instruments" to ensure the right balance of biff.

...with the tag line 'for real musicians' just to piss off the laptop wannabies :)

Yeah hi guys....

Ummmm.

Pro's: playin gtar for 12 years, some jazz theory etc. Currently playing in band. Tone/gear junky.

Con's: really fuck all time to contribute (compared to the benchmark set by our uber mod's RB, Speccy etc.)

So basically if you can handle comapritively minimal input (ie maybe on a weekly basis if lucky) then yeah, count me in :)

you can handle comapritively minimal input (ie maybe on a weekly basis if lucky) then yeah, count me in ;)

Never mind that you jumped on this thread within 20 mins! ;D

Nah, I think you'll be fine. ;)

[dadjoke] Just lay down a few thread strings as a sounding board, and let it strum along from there. [/dadjoke]  ::)

Yeah hi guys....

Ummmm.

Pro's: playin gtar for 12 years, some jazz theory etc. Currently playing in band. Tone/gear junky.

Con's: really fuck all time to contribute (compared to the benchmark set by our uber mod's RB, Speccy etc.)

So basically if you can handle comapritively minimal input (ie maybe on a weekly basis if lucky) then yeah, count me in :)

Mate , that’s fine .. Keep in mind ,  My self , Rhythmboy and Spectrum are always looking around fixing things up ..  Spec and RB are global moderators which means they can help out moderating any forum.

On a more professional note , if you’ve been playing for twelve years , then we could use your experience.    We can always put a 2nd moderator on with you if your not around ..      Just contribute what you can.

Never mind that you jumped on this thread within 20 mins! ;D

That was purely coincidental with the time I finished my shift.... maybe it was meant to be  :-* :-* ;D

[dadjoke] Just lay down a few thread strings as a sounding board, and let it strum along from there. [/dadjoke]  ::)

Not to fret mate, I'll let it slide. I'm just glad you could pluck up the courage to show us yr daggier side ;)

Sweet as mate. Thx. Although, I had the dreaded 3 beep code and no display on startup of my computer this am, which means my graphics card is fried. So maybe a few days before I can order a newie and get posting ;)

Not to fret mate, I'll let it slide. I'm just glad you could pluck up the courage to show us yr daggier side ;)

[dadjoke] Just lay down a few thread strings as a sounding board, and let it strum along from there. [/dadjoke]  :;)

*groan*

please stop