Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
echosystm

Melbourne

25 posts in this topic

Hay guise!

I'm heading over to Melbs on the 15th for my 21st. I need to be educated re: where to get on it. We all like house & electro, but hate rnb, hip hop, ravers, raving, raves and phat pants. There will be 5 guys and 4 girls, so getting into the more selective clubs shouldn't be too much of an issue - being the arrogant/pretentious cunts that we are, we would actually prefer these places haha, as long as people there aren't all uptight and boring.

Recommendations? If possible, say what nights they are best and expected dress code. We need somewhere to go on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Also, other than sleeping, what are some cool things to do during the day?

Thanks kiddlets!

During the day, i suggest you recover from smashbanganigans... from what i've heard ;D

Other than that, stay in the city and get a tram pass.... then cruise around enjoying the great food. A trip to the zoo is worthwhile if you're not too trashed the next day. You can tram it there no hassles. It's quite a good zoo. I know it's not a club... but you'll find plenty of animals of comparable intellect to most clubbers :o

During the day, get down to the Collingwood Children's farm and convent, they have a good market there most weekends, awesome spot to chill out. Hit Vic St for some Vietnamese food. Friday evening pre-smashbang hit Curve Bar out back of the NGV for some awesome twilight beats and beverages...

i'd suggest morebass on the saturday night, would give you a good taste of melbourne

RUSTY LOUNGE 791 SYDNEY RD BRUNSWICK

Friday's gotta Smash Bang @ Lounge!

Yeah let us know when your in town, a few of us here do smash bang, we'll put a posse together on the Friday! dress code - anything, classy or casual, just not 'bogan in a suit' straight from work style...

For good bars/lounges/cafes try Chapel St Prahran for the classier chrome & glass places (& lots of clothes shops for the ladeez), or Brunswick St Fitzroy for alternative/bohemian stylee. Both easy tram from city. And Lygon St Carlton, near Melbourne Uni, for authentico Italian - row after row of awesome restaurants.

For something a little different in the Brunswick St area, Cape Lounge (cnr Brunswick & Johnston sts) has free funk bands from early evening, and a few doors up in Johnston is the Night Cat, legendary melb venue, on Fri/Sat they have big (10-15 piece) funk and Latin bands, Sunday is Latin or jazz I think. Dress code casual but couples often like to dress up and dance proper-like.

Anyone arriving in Melbs should get to their nearest cafe/music/book shop and get Beat and In-Press street papers from the doorway. They list most of the music on in town and both have dedicated dance music sections.

Get a map

Bring a jumper

Buy an all day tram pass

trust me ;D

I already miss Melbs :o

p.s. my 21st on Anzac day, didnt know u were my age fella!

Yeah let us know when your in town, a few of us here do smash bang, we'll put a posse together on the Friday! dress code - anything, classy or casual, just not 'bogan in a suit' straight from work style...

c'mon this is Lounge you are talking about RB  :;)

I would also reccomend MoreBass for some rather cool tunage that isnt all techno / electro house related, ie some breaks, DnB etc..

you and your friends must be a bit ghey if you dont like hiphop or raves tho  :P 

actually you may be too pretentious for morebass - stick to lounge / revolver and 161 on chapel if its still running  ;)

smashbang, smashbooze, no sleep, daylight, hard floor, groan, nang, floor, hiccup, morebass, morebooze, daylight,  floor, groan, mexican jumping juice, groan, sherbert straws, who's coming to revolver?* 

tis how it should be done.

*:dead:

^  ;D

Yeah but we'll have guests in town - what do you do for special occasions?  :P

c'mon this is Lounge you are talking about RB  :;)

Actually... I take it back, it's trash  ;)

taken at about 5am by nic nac...

- yer really dressed up that night weren't we?  :-[

"Call me - call me now..."

...who's coming to revolver?

have a friend who at about 1am starts saying we should all go to market ahaha. does it every single time. it annoys the fuck out of me, no matter how many times or how stern a conversation you have within fucking 10 minutes he's back at it again saying how awesome it is and how damn i better stop before i break my rant-o-meter cu

what is it with all music people looking the same too ahah ffs oh hi i have big boofy hair and a furry face!! is it some kind of recognition system or what

i started and ended that last 'sentence' with 'what'

tia

wish i had facial hair sigh

I can't believe no one's mentioned SmashBang yet!

actually i was going to flame you but this is a really fuckin' good idea - should be right up echosystem's ally!

a man after my own name  :-*

I still haven't been to Melbourne, although I have been told "you're such a Melbourne boy, you just don't know it yet" (actual words).

I've also been told there is a killer Falafel place in St. Kilda?

I've also been told there is a killer Falafel place in St. Kilda?

There's a killer falafel joint up the end of our street. A couple of years back. the owner suspected his wife of cheating on him, so he took her out the back of the kitchen and slit her throat. True story.

"Call me - call me now..."

You got that same 'phone face' those desperate Aussie Idol contestants get when the numbers scroll across the bottom of the screen. ;D

what is it with all music people looking the same too ahah ffs oh hi i have big boofy hair and a furry face!! is it some kind of recognition system or what

Dude it's the 'can't be arsed shaving more than once a fortnight and can't be arsed getting a haircut more than once every two months' stylee we so proud of...

It's either sheer laziness, or being too concerned with important issues like whether synths or samplers are better to worry about mere looks :D

In my case I have a Bernard Fanning fetish...

You got that same 'phone face' those desperate Aussie Idol contestants get when the numbers scroll across the bottom of the screen. ;D

I'm practising - can't decide whether to grace the Aussie public with my voice on Idol or my moves on Think You Can Dance next year. What say guys?

In my case I have a Bernard Fanning fetish...

Ok ok, looking more Bernard and less Mika... though you might get more Aussie Idol votes as Mika.