Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hps909

Groove Lifting Tutorial

11 posts in this topic

OK so i finally got a mic sorted to do audio with video. Which you need for this tutorial .. I tried to keep it pretty basic just to show how things are done and to keep viewing time down to a minimum...  i will get better at this as time goes by and i think of more tricks and tips to share :D 

click to view

HIS RES QUICK TIME VERSION

cubase.jpg

LOW RES YOUTUBE VERSION

PNHeRUbp1mo

THAT IS PERFECT, GAV!!! :clap:

Awesome work! Just got to get a SoundPunk watermark from Cheyne and it's ready for world domination! :D

:clap: :clap:

Fantastic !  Thats perfect !  Very well done ! 

Id be extremely interested to see more of these , as im pushing my self into an all Cubase work environment now , and I really want to know some more tips and tricks that i may have overlooked... 

A massive thumbs up from me , thats exactly the stuff I want around here !

Also , with your permission HPS , id like to "SoundPunkify" the video a little bit , and add a small intro with your name and the site logo etc for more public use ..

Aside from the great video tutorial, just watching this again and marveling over just how powerful that 'groove lifting' function is. One could spend hours nudging MIDI notes around trying to get it to match up to the audio groove running alongside it, whereas this nails it in a matter of minutes!

How many other apps offer a similar process? Does Logic, for example?

To see how a very similar function is implemented in another DAW, here's RB's tutorial for 'Beat Detective' in Pro Tools...

http://www.soundpunk.com/index.php?topic=1002.0

Just like the Cubase version, so powerful, yet so simple...

...once you know how! ;)

Again, top stuff, HPS. Love the way you put it together so fluidly too. :)

Top notch Gav, mucho impressdo  :clap:

You have elevated the SP 'informative' scale to 11!

Also great to hear noice home-grown aussie accent rather than that shit-me 'go-team' L.A. accent that pervades so many tutes*

*apologies to our American friends - it's just that it's everywhere!  :-[

While I'm at it, the bloody 'righto-chaps' chirpy London accents from British tutes shit me too :)

Going to link this back to the tutes & article archive, and in next few days trawl for others. Keep the app-specific tutes where they are, just links for convenience.

Thinking I might do a 'Soundpunk Specials' sticky over there, and collect all the best tutes made by Soundpunkers, kind of like a honour roll. List them member by member - gives you all a bit of kudos and also if have a style or theme you run with, peeps can find your topics easily.

I imagine in the next year or two these things being a real trademark of this site, and at this rate will have a killer archive.

And considering this stuff goes out free and uncontrolled to the world, a quick mo to recognise the generosity of time and resources of the punks who write these things with no compensation. Kudos to you all  :clap:

It begins ;)

Quality is down , but its still quite viewable ...

hps , apologies i didnt get more creative with the authoring , honestly , I had no idea what I was doing with the video eiditing software .. the best I could muster was the cheesy soundpunk slide in at the start ... 

Ill do better next time ... but at least it up , and promoting the site ....