Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ehsan

san - fuck the fuck

35 posts in this topic

Tonight I sat down to write music. All good, off to a great start. Real happy, plugged some stuff back in finally so yay. Busting a groove - quite happy with it if I must say so myself. Coming along nice, ok start to lay it out a bit. Geez it's a good ANGRY choon. Real angry... Coming along nicely! Oh. Oh... Oh, goodbye Cubase - where did you go? Hello? Cubase? Hellooooo? OMG. Nosave. omg omg. WAA  :'(  :'(  :'( . Real angry now! FUCK. Oh well, try again. Few hours down the drain  :'(  :'(  :'( Ok so back to square one. Angry as fuck. And what do you know? Happy music comes out. Real happy. What's the fuckin deal with that?

Choon's available for purchase on Beatport! Buy it and I won't send the boys round.  ;)

Fark - that's a few hours work!?? That's some work process you've got going on! (and I feel your pain re. the crash...)

Great tune - really nice rolling rhythm coming out of the interplay between the kick and the main synth riff. The little sub stabs are nice too. Wouldn't change a thing!

Thanks for the kind words dudes!

Jay, not working? I uploaded it to SP so it should do... It certainly goes from my end. What if you just try to download the attachment?

WAA  :'(  :'(  :'( . Real angry now! FUCK. Oh well, try again. Few hours down the drain  :'(  :'(  :'( Ok so back to square one. Angry as fuck. And what do you know? Happy music comes out. Real happy. What's the fuckin deal with that?

It's coz your gay  ;)

Seriously, really like the track  :cans:

Yo E!!!

Thats some real nice shit.

Melodic Tech at its Aussie best!!! :clap: :cans:

Love it. Love everything about it.

I am so jealous right now i am lost for words... Dammit

Love it so much that i want to have its babies.

Canna have a 320 version please... :) :cans:

I promise to road test tomorrow night with full review!!!

Oh bless Jay you're too kind. It's just technooooo!

I'd be both flattered and aghast if you'd drop it on punters - what a chuff! Here's your 320k version.

And if anyone wanted to remix, too too easy. Keen pandown?

(link on the way once it uploads...)

Oh bless Jay you're too kind. It's just technooooo!

I'd be both flattered and aghast if you'd drop it on punters - what a chuff! Here's your 320k version.

And if anyone wanted to remix, too too easy. Keen pandown?

(link on the way once it uploads...)

Technooooo! it may be but its right up my alley at the moment, and is a welcome break to the K hole i have been shoving my self into lately with tunes.

Well done.

Love you looong time.

And i promise to finish some stuff in the near future for some creative criticism.

That and i need to bring the K train down to Melbs for some serious fun :cans:

Oh. Oh... Oh, goodbye Cubase - where did you go? Hello? Cubase? Hellooooo? OMG. Nosave. omg omg. WAA  :'(  :'(  :'( . Real angry now! FUCK.

Not sure if it's a sign (or whether it's even good or not), but I guess in sympathy with your experience here, I'm just a 1/4 the way through playing your track, and...

BAM!!!

Oh! Unbelievably fortuitous! Wa Wa Wa Waaaaaaaaaaaa...

;D What can I say?

'Hi! You're a Mac, And I'm a PC!'

Alrighty, back to it after that Mac dummy spit...

Lovin' that upfront sound. In a similar vein to what we discussing over on ITM re minimal layers (Ableton-style), which in turn brings each sound forward with supreme clarity.

Also interesting to note the wide-stereo drums and mono-ish synths.

Top work with the subtle tweaks along the way, removing any sense of copy/paste sequencing style.

Lovely swelling transitions between sections, as per usual.

Enjoyed very muchly, catchy melody, and holds together nicely.

So tell me, if you lost a few hours, how many went into what we just heard there?

nice one Ehs. love them background bells that tinkle in, and the anarog quality of the bassline - tres rowrl.

i know it's 2am but the timing seems to go slightly winky wonky at the end.... am i going crazy?

You're crap, E.

Nah really... crap  ;)

:eatadick:

What can you say? It seems your brain has an inbuilt function to equalise your mood - make angry music when happy, make happy music when angry. Such a well balanced individual ;D

Also interesting to note the wide-stereo drums and mono-ish synths.

Well spotted ;) This is not strictly by intent. You see I have gone some way toward doing the overall mix, but DID get a bit lazy when I had finally recorded all the synth parts. All my synths are mono so there;s a bit of work involved in getting some stereo magic going on with them - something I only very lightly touched on so far. So yeah, the net result is that at the moment the lead arp etc are a bit more dead centre than I'd like. Thanks for pointing out cos it's a clincher now to go back and tweak!

So tell me, if you lost a few hours, how many went into what we just heard there?

Hmmm. My post tells me that I uploaded it around 3am.. So let's say I finally sat back down around 9-9.30pm so it's about 6 hours from conception to where it's at now. Allowing for the related set up, bouncing and repeated listening there's prob about 4 hours of work in it so far? That's not entirely untoward is it?

I have had it pointed out that I work quite fast once I get the momentum up. I basically put it down to a short attention span - if nothing's happening fast enough I tend to get bored. This does result in a higher incidence of mistakes and accidents in my stuff tho. Sort of ike why I'm not really into video games - the old attention span ain't cut out for it ;)

i hate listening to your music Ehsan.

not because its bad, only because it inspires me to write some music of my own and i can't because i'm locked out of my room til Feb.

Sux.

Great choon - i can hear your writing mature every time i hear a new song - keep it goin dawg!

lolzorz CT. Looks like you managed to get one out! Will check it out in the morning ;)

Have updated mix a bit and squisherated it a litte. Still some dodgy notes in there but lissen up i updated the player in the 1st post.

Well what can i say, i played this on Saturday night and it got a great reaction.

The ladies like it :cans:

I cant comment on how it sounded as the system needs a bit of money spent on it as it sounds shite, but it sounded pretty darn good give what it had to work with.