Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
echosystm

Home theatre

4 posts in this topic

SO!

Not exactly production related... but I need a STEREO setup for under $1,000. It's going to be connected to our new projector (all 120 inches of projected sexiness). I'm not interested in surround sound, I just want bowel-moving bass etc.

I know a bit about all the studio monitors on the scene at the moment and was going to buy 6" active Behringers and the Behringer sub. Can anyone recommend any HIFI type speakers that would out-perform these?

Cheers.

For $1000 and all you want is bass? Go to JB HiFi and listen to some of the Jamo type stuff they have there. They're the masters of doof doof. It'll be fully sik bro!

For $1000 i doubt you'll find much better than the deadringers. Still worth going to JB to have a listen and see what sort of deal they can cook up.

My neighbour has one of these: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/19388-LG-LHW750TA-5-1-CH-WIRELEES-HOME-THEATRE-SYSTEM_W0QQitemZ290193300794QQihZ019QQcategoryZ79254QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and it's bloody loud and bass filled... just sounds a little chinsey to me. Cruise EBay and trading post. There'll be plenty of other options you could listen too in a shopp then buy a similar unit second hand for a lot less bling bling.