Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay Parker

Timothy Allan Live @ Earthcore 2007

30 posts in this topic

Damn, 2nd page... better edit in a quote, though still nothing to do with an Ableton set @ Earthcore! ;)

OK - so how many busses do you get in LE? Damn crippleware!  :P

From the manual:

"Pro Tools LE systems provide up to 128 Auxiliary Input tracks, a total of 32 internal mix busses, and

up to 5 inserts and 10 sends per track (depending on your computer’s processing capacity). In addi-

tion, Pro Tools LE systems support up to 32 Instrument tracks and 256 MIDI tracks.

So 32, up from 16 a couple of years back. LE just got twice as good, eh?

Makes the 128 Aux Input tracks seem a bit of a marketing gimmick though, given a maximum possible physical inputs = 18, plus the 32 busses, making a total of 50 'usable' Aux Tracks. Still, Aux Tracks were traditionally also used for inserting one's soft-synths (before dedicated Instrument tracks came on board), and with the 32 Instrument Track limit, one can then go back to loading up Aux Tracks with soft-synths, if desired.

So where does this talk of busses leave the pioneer of Virtual Studio Technology (ie. Cubase)?

And Tim, trust you're cool for the off-topic banter in your thread? Mind you, it took more than a month for you to find it in the first place. :P

This has been a bloody informative read guys however i think that perhaps this needs to head to a thread in live about routing or live performance setups no?

If not then carry on as i am getting a lot of benefit out of this thread. ;)

Owch E, that stings! Those bastards even took my Lychee martini prize bag to hold all the stuff they stole from me ;)

Just read this - bastards! If I see that Lychee bag around I'll bash 'em :P

More seriously sorry for the theft - always leaves a sick feeling in the stomach. Hopefully they don't come back.

Damn, 2nd page... better edit in a quote, though still nothing to do with an Ableton set @ Earthcore! ;)

From the manual:

"Pro Tools LE systems provide up to 128 Auxiliary Input tracks, a total of 32 internal mix busses, and

up to 5 inserts and 10 sends per track (depending on your computer’s processing capacity). In addi-

tion, Pro Tools LE systems support up to 32 Instrument tracks and 256 MIDI tracks.

So 32, up from 16 a couple of years back. LE just got twice as good, eh?

Makes the 128 Aux Input tracks seem a bit of a marketing gimmick though, given a maximum possible physical inputs = 18, plus the 32 busses, making a total of 50 'usable' Aux Tracks. Still, Aux Tracks were traditionally also used for inserting one's soft-synths (before dedicated Instrument tracks came on board), and with the 32 Instrument Track limit, one can then go back to loading up Aux Tracks with soft-synths, if desired.

So where does this talk of busses leave the pioneer of Virtual Studio Technology (ie. Cubase)?

4.1 has just as good if not better routing capabilities as abletron with full PDC  as far as feeding aux's into aux's back into channels back to stems to master to external out back into a channel back into an aux  what ever you want to do :)