Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dialect

Project Studio

4 posts in this topic

a web community specifically for audio engineering, thats what the hell i'm talking about.

whats up folks, i'm an  audio production major in sacramento, ca u.s.

but As much as i enjoy recording other artists and musicians i too have a pipe dream or two. So i'm putting

together a modest project studio for hip hop production and vocals. Very rarely will i have the opportunity to record any instruments at my home other than the occassional guitarist. i'm pretty sure of what i need, but perhaps someone here

has suggestions, or perhaps can even save me some money on the unecessary, though its pretty bare bones

as it is.

here goes:

CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000 3.0Gz 3GB RAM

TC Electronic Konnekts 24D (anyone had any experience with these?, reviews were good)

Akai MPDD24

M-Audio Keystation49e

Rode NT1-A Condenser

Event ALP 5 monitors

AKG K 240 Studio headphones

Any other hardware?

I have cubase sx3 should  i really go out and pay that money for 4?

appreciate it

Welcome to SoundPunk, dialect! :(

I've got to run for now, though I'm sure a few of the guys will share their thoughts across the weekend.

G'day.

I'd stick with SX3. If you're just starting to do your own thing, i recon you'll find at least 6-8 months before you start seeing any real benefit to Cubase 4's new features. With the headphones, i suggest you have a listen at Beyerdynamic DT990Pro's - they're a far superior headphone to the AKGs, IMO.

Welcome aboard!