Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cunty-man

Car Audio Recording

18 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I was watching my favourite show pimp my ride the other day and saw that they installed a recording studio into the passenger seat of the car. The chick was really rapped! She was an up and coming artist and this will really help her career. The host of the show 'Exhibition' (he's a famous rapper) even laid down a track with her on the show!

My dad is always complaining about the sound coming from the studio in my bedroom, would it be better for me to move all of my rack gear into my car that way when I want to lay down some tunes I can simply do it some where else where he won't hear? Or would the engine create too much hum in the mix? Or would be ok if I always keep the windows up as I have recently replaced my window seals to pass rego.

If I have a budget of say $1000 would this be at all possible?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps I drive a magna station wagon

Assuming you're serious... ;)

...then a pure sine wave inverter (pure sine wave being a cleaner power source for delicate electronics) is all you need.

(LINK)

I have a campervan, complete with inverter, four main speakers, subwoofer, 550w RMS amplifer, that's just itching to set up in the wilderness somewhere to crank out tunes...

...if only the clutch pedal wasn't hitting the floor with zero resistance (still can't work out if the damn thing is cable or hydraulic)...

Anyone here know the Ford Econovan aka Mazda E2000? :(

Also, I think you may be just the man to mod our SoundCunt forum. ;D

champion effort :(

Spectrum that camper sounds the bomb, just the thing for scary kiddies at the park.

um yeah writing tunes. yeah.

Not only would that have been my second choice for and alias... but the bastard wants to live my dream of a car based studio.

:bang:

I thought it may have been a jester alias... ;D

;D That same thought had crossed my mind, though I couldn't work out how to view the IP address despite it apparently being available to me. :)

^^^ Thought that too (though it was Spazmatron, IIRC), but yeah, pretty sure it's generic.

Alright, confess... which one you cunts are ya?! ;D

wasnt that an RB avatar??

or is it one of the default ones???

It isn't me I promise! I have enough alter-egos without trying to manage another... I'm schizo enough :wtf:

Spectrum that camper sounds the bomb

Yeah, a bomb it was (still is)...

...but it was so much fun!  :-*

Hey man,

I was surfing on the net and found this, if you're still looking at turning your station wagon into a recording studio maybe mackie will help.

http://www.mackie.com/enews/2008/02/_snoop_goes_mobile_with_mackie.html

Vu6YhCX25UQ

If this dosen't work just do a search in you tube for 'snoop dog van studio'

When you build it you can come out west and visit me in Penriff, take the sound of the street to a new level  8) ;)

Sid.

There's a guy in Perth selling off a Toyota Coaster-style van complete with a Pro Tools MIX system, Apple Mac, Mackie desk, Alesis monitors, mics etc. rigged up inside and ready to go.

Cost over AUD$100,000, sell AUD$27,000.

Any takers?

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=948.0;attach=354;image

I'm sad to say I popped the boot on this thing on the weekend and the rust is absolutely destroying the poor thing. Not to mention the clutch pedal that flies to the floor (still haven't worked out whether it's cable or hydraulic) meaning it's not moved from the spare spot out the back of our place for over a year.

Any takers? :(