Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
e.no

The UNOFFICIAL "This is the way - Lychee Martini Remix Competition" Poll

Whats Your Favourite Brand Of Synth ?   17 members have voted

1. 1. Whats Your Favourite Brand Of Synth ?

• Access
    • Novation
    • Clavia
    • Roland
    • Moog
    • Korg
    • Yamaha
    • Alesis
    • Kawai
    • E-MU
    • Oberheim
    • ARP
    • Sequential Circuits
    • Akai
    • ARP
    • Casio
    • Doepfer
    • Kurzweil
    • Studio Electronics
    • Waldorf

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

61 posts in this topic

Yeah, it sounded a bit artificial. I am no drummer, I have only little skills playing drums, but a Vibraphone is something I will need to buy when I have enough money to spend - it is an awesome instrument that cannot be compared to any other percussive/metal instrument from my point of view. Interesting how inventive you are to produce a sound. More common amongst (strict) electronicians I would guess. But lovely!

The melody played by you is quite simple, a bit too simple and loopey for my liking, but it still fits great into the song (says somebody who rejected to use it in his remix).

Yeah, it sounded a bit artificial. I am no drummer, I have only little skills playing drums, but a Vibraphone is something I will need to buy when I have enough money to spend - it is an awesome instrument that cannot be compared to any other percussive/metal instrument from my point of view. Interesting how inventive you are to produce a sound. More common amongst (strict) electronicians I would guess. But lovely!

The melody played by you is quite simple, a bit too simple and loopey for my liking, but it still fits great into the song (says somebody who rejected to use it in his remix).

Indeed intentionally artificial for this track but maybe others I'll use samples - I recorded one myself at a music school this year, I just need to put it in the sampler (lazy). I guess as a percussionist I see my electronic sounds as part of the same collection as my real instruments - it's all the same to me.

Yeah the melody is quite simple I agree, probably mainly due to the 8 pads I play it on. I can only get 8 notes to an octave in pentatonic and the 4 x 2 layout of the pads takes some re-learning for melodies!

I know what you mean. I also own a ControlPad - this is a cool instrument. Already thought of using it for playing a vibraphone, but thought it to be too limited because of the 8 pads only. I like that you treat acoustic and electronic percussion alike. A lot of drummers/percussionists don't dare to touch the electronic world. You could think about expanding the Control Pad with one or two trigger E-Pads. "My" drummer and me want to build one soon, should not be too hard to do as I have read/heard.

thought i'd better dive in to this one.

haven't picked a favourite yet, they're all wicked and my poor ears need listening breaks. and doofdoof breaks....

but i love vibraphone. most instruments involving a mallet, tbh.

that's all.

oh yeah.....i'm not rythmboy... right now.

god some of you make some odd music ! but theres certainly some pearlers here, currently compiling into a list... good at the top.. crap at the bottom.. expect my scores soon ;)

god some of you make some odd music ! but theres certainly some pearlers here, currently compiling into a list... good at the top.. crap at the bottom.. expect my scores soon :)

I assume you finally got the CD! sorry for the delay...