Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eppiblue

Call Mapping issues with Battery 3

4 posts in this topic

Hi

Ive recently upgraded from battery 2 to battery 3 (Cubase SX on XP), and am having trouble with the cell mappings battery 3 automatically sets up when you create a VSt instrument instance.

Eg Battery 2 used to map each cell in the matrix perfectly across the keyboard.. Row 1 Cell 1 = C1, Row 1 Cell 2 = C#1, Row 2 Cell 1 = C2 etc

Battery 3 seems to be almost random, and even after I spent ages trying to remap everything, as soon as I expand the matrix size it messes up all the mappings again.

has anyone had this problem?

thanks in advance.

Battery 2 had fixed cell mappings, Battery 3 doesn't. I just used the top row and didn't bother with the bottom 3. So like, just keep adding columns... :P

More to the point, stop using that shit and get GURU!

batt 3 :bang:

so intensive on memory.  im trying to use it less and less - i cant automate it in Logic - so im using any other drum machine.

i do like some of its workflows but in other areas like cell mapping its too clunky.

cell designation could be alot clearer IMO.

i remap anyway on the keyboard or mpc with the Learn function, not such a problem but entering the note manually (mouse) is a really pain. they could've at least had a text entry box or drop-down list :/

but tbh the most recent thing i did i had to remap to a certain spec and the default mappings were in order, just octaves too high for the kit i was constructing (it had to be a certain range for external reasons), so i'm not sure why they aren't for you.

still, sample flexibility is really nice and the envelopes are super snappy! If you're looking for another drum machine, i kinda dig the RMIV. it's pretty cheap at US$150 and comes with some good sample banks & drum synthesizer. only 18 slots tho' so no super-massive battery style mappings.