i don't get it

42 posts in this topic

what does TSWDNSO stand for?

:'(

Maverick: Uh, that's classified.

Charlie: It's what?

Maverick: It's classified. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you

;)

^^ its another production forum we all used to use, then when this site was started the other site saw it as competition and banned us using the name this wonderful forum on their forum

hence why people here dont want to use their name - as some sort of retaliation or somethin' ;)

interweb co-vert operations in full effect! LOL

In The Mix. If you type i_t_m without the '_', our funneh filter turns it into itm. Pro Tool is mod over there now, so it's days as a forum are surely numbered ;)

;) in the mix?!? i've raped that site in the past for audio tech/music info. theres some good info in there amongst all the shit.

shit-gold ratio is a bit low over there but I'm sure the e-man's going to lift the profile.

this is where the really good stuff is .... and pissing monkey's :)

Any ideas for threads are welcomed. You smarties should chop us out with a few goldies!

remix comps seem to work really well...  ::)

itm is definitely a great place for people to socialize and whore themselves.  ;)

Before I joined I thought it was just where prog djs talked about how great the latest Sasha CD was.

But there is a lot of talent out there .... 

Heh I think as a social scene, ie Lifestyle and General , they own it ... biggest internet scene iv ever seen , no doubt about that.. ... but in terms of audio tech ,& education  we can, and will blow them away ...  But thats not what their about , despite their attitude towards us ...      They think of us as the enemy , yet our goals and site aspects are nothing alike ...  they just happen to have a board within their community that caters to music technology .. we are a site dedicated to audio tech, engineering and education.. eBooks, Audio clips, Remix Comps, File hosting .etc etc. they have none of that , nor that do they ever plan to offer it ..

The arguments been done to death , and i have no intention of bringing it back to life, but i said it then and ill say it again , we never forced people to jump ship , we just offered what we had , and people made up their own minds .. as time goes on , SoundPunk is becoming  a top notch community with invaluable information, and members that make the place friendlier than anywhere else iv come across ..

Its personal choice , all of us still use the other site .. we chat and socialize over there ,  but down to the nitty gritty and our audio geek insides, lead us here :)

KVR Audio (http://www.kvraudio.com/) is also another great audio site , although its more much aimed at software and plugins , its got one of the biggest user bases iv ever seen .. Iv advertised SoundPunk over there, and the mods didnt even blink and eye lid.  Cheers to KVR for that.

^ x1000000

You've done something that I've seen no other site has come close to.

I've been hesitant on checking out kvr as I know I'd get sucked in and I think 2 forums take enough of my time already.  And all the info I need is here anyway, and presented in a real great way

I'd take a bullet (or a spambot) for you anyday Cheyne

Top stuff & I think it's good to know you've got someone who's on your wavelength and understands the spirit of the punk over there :)

^ x1000000

You've done something that I've seen no other site has come close to.

I've been hesitant on checking out kvr as I know I'd get sucked in and I think 2 forums take enough of my time already.  And all the info I need is here anyway, and presented in a real great way

I'd take a bullet (or a spambot) for you anyday Cheyne

Top stuff & I think it's good to know you've got someone who's on your wavelength and understands the spirit of the punk over there :)

Hehe, thanks mate , appreciate it.  Yea, its working out a treat over here, and we're only just getting started ;)

I think the quality of content over here is much higher than others, people take a bit more pride in their posts, and approach them like articles,(such as this) which in turn makes some great content, and with the class team of mods here everythings kept nice and clean.

In all seriousness I think it's great that ehsan/PT is modding over at itm. He's a cheeky bugger but very knowledgeable and smart and he'll do good things to make it happenin' over there. Now he's a mod I've started to go back and say hi after my own little boycott.

Maybe some of the tensions of the past can be put to rest once and for all - after all between me and him there are now two great mates who make music together working on each forum  :)

Maybe some of the tensions of the past can be put to rest once and for all - after all between me and him there are now two great mates who make music together working on each forum  :)

Yep, it's all worked out kinda nicely hasn't it. ;)

All i can say is Phunkdirt gone = double goodness. Now we can bring back the biff- once PT get's over his initial 'must be good for my 3 month trial' phase...