Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DJ Shiftymixx

How to become a DJ or MAKE IT / What equipment do you use?

11 posts in this topic

I saw scott brown back in 98 at a rave in pitt st ... and about another twenty times after that ... he's one of those rave DJ's that get flogged so much that they really dont have much appeal anymore ..  kind of like hearing  "smack my bitch up" .. awesome tune , but so flogged , its just lost all its appeal .. and no one cares.

I havnt been a raver for many many years , i got away from that whole "im hard" scene long ago. I cant beleive that old codger is still doing the rounds ..  they used to post his name in massive writing on the front of every flyer like he was some massive international star that couldnt be missed ... yet you could go to 2 or 3 raves on the same night most weekends and he'd be there ;D ..  It was more a rarity to see local shitbags like bexta than it was him ;D .. yet every year theres a new breed of raver trash kiddies who keep it alive by making out like he's the latest greatest thing to hit the planet , un aware that their parents were probably dropping pingers to this same old scat head , to the same old tunes 10 years earlier lol.. ;D

.. yet every year theres a new breed of raver trash kiddies who keep it alive by making out like he's the latest greatest thing to hit the planet

Well I listen to other Hardcore DJ's too like DJ Promo, DJ brownout, DJ Bluecore, The Hamster Project, Mr. Tommy DJ Hixxy etc.

Also what is wrong with liking old school artist is that to say that people like ACDC, ABBA etc are not to be liked by the yonger generation.

...un aware that their parents were probably dropping pingers to this same old scat head , to the same old tunes 10 years earlier lol.. ;D

Yes thats why the majority of posters didn't know the he was =]

"As for studio equipment and production... Many people seem to think you can buy Cubase or Logic and suddenly become a top producer, or that you have to own a piece of equipment such as a Virus to get 'that sound'. Again, there's no clear answer to this."

- Scott Brown (Happy hardcore aficionado)

"What software would you recommend to create hardcore music? if you could get back to me that would be brilliant, ive been asking people for ages and never got an awnser, so i thought that you would be the best person to come to."

- DJ Peckard (Some random who completely missed the entire gist of the blog article.)

Yeah, I know (of) Scott Brown. Can't say he - or happy hard - was ever my thing. In fact, many might say that it was happy hardcore (not to mention a certain pretty schoolgirl who didn't get prompt medical attention for fear of getting into trouble from her mother) that destroyed the Sydney rave scene.

Annyway, all's good. Different strokes for different folks, and all that jazz... :D

Well I listen to other Hardcore DJ's too like DJ Promo, DJ brownout, DJ Bluecore, The Hamster Project, Mr. Tommy DJ Hixxy etc.

Also what is wrong with liking old school artist is that to say that people like ACDC, ABBA etc are not to be liked by the yonger generation.

Uh huh .. they were all on repeat back in my day too ...  Same with Neophyte, Rotterdam terror corps, hardcore warriors, even cheesy shit like anabolic frolic, a-tension and those scat icons .

Nothing really changes in the rave scene , people grow out of it in 2 or 3 years , then the next wave of kids discover it and its a whole new scene again ...

Not baggin you out or anything mate, just stating thats how it is ... In another 3 or so years you'll be over it , and the next wave will come in.  The circle of life !